Savage Pistol

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by greyhawk50, Feb 29, 2012.

1. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I posted this in the "Cold Blue" thread but decided to make a separate thread.
    I bought this Savage 1907 last weekend. It was a little rough. Actually. I would rate it at 70% according to the Blue Book. After a little work with the Van's Cold Blue treatment, it might score at 80% now. That's about $100 increase in value.
    Anyway, I found this information on-line and thought it interesting enough to share. Most of all, I found the "Advertizement" drop-down to be the most unusual. Bat Masterson Ad, of all people.
    http://vintagepistols.com/1907/index.html
    According to the History Drop-down and the serial number, this pistol was made in 1912.
    The only pistol that I shoot these days is my Ruger Mk.II.
    IF I keep this one (not likely) it will be as a collectable.

Attached Files:

2. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

that's pretty cool grey! i didn't even know savage made pistols. looks pretty good for a 100 year old gun.

3. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Nice pistol Greyhawk! Though I've never owned one, I've always liked the look of those old Savages. Had a chance about 15 years ago to buy one in NIB condition for $150+/- but didn't have the money on me and it was gone the next day.

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

$150 would have been an excellent price. According to the Blue Book, 100% NIB is worth $550 and at 98%, they list at $425.
    I don't know how many on here have a Blue Book of Gun Values. They cost $40 but Midway USA had them for $30 last year. If you buy, sell and trade like I do, it can pay for itself with just one purchase. Not to mention all of the interesting information about different guns. If anyone on here needs information about a gun value, just let me know and I'll look it up for you.

Grey

5. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

You know Grey, that gun, like many others, was one of those "if only I knew and had the money" guns. Remember all the $150 S&W and Colt police trade-ins, "if only I knew," I'd have bought a barrel full. I did manage to buy and hold on to a $350 Python and a $300 .22 Diamondback - makes me feel real good to see the local shop moving their used brothers and sisters for $1,200+ a piece. I couldn't afford those guns today!