Scope Mount

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by kk12kb, Jan 13, 2016.

1. kk12kb

kk12kb New Member

I just received an EGW Tactical Mount that I am going to use to attach a red dot to my Marlin 1895M. It has a radious cutout on one end. Does this face forward towards the muzzle?

I found out from manufacturer it faces forward towards muzzle. Has anyone had any experience using Recoil Pads made by Limbsaver?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Did you mount the mount yet? I, for one, would like to see a picture.

I don't have any experience with recoil pads. My dad had one put on (or maybe did it himself) on an older Ithaca over/under that i have now. But I think he did that more for a little more length of pull than recoil issues.

3. kk12kb

kk12kb New Member

Hi Matt,

I have not mounted it yet. I plan to do it this weekend. The top of the receiver was a little scuffed up as the previous owner had mounted a scope, so I wanted to touch up the bluing and oil it well before I locktite this rail on.

These particular pads are called Aero Tech made by Limbsaver. They are pre-made/sized for marlin stocks. So in theory there should not be any fitting required. That claim makes me leery as very few things in life are "perfect". They look like they are thicker than the Marlin pad which would add to the length of pull. At any rate I will be glad to post a picture when I'm finished.

4. kk12kb

kk12kb New Member

Rifle with rail mounted

Here it is Matt. The red dot looks odd to say the least. I think I will go back to a scope.

Attached Files: