Shooters Please save your brass..

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by oldbrass, Jan 26, 2012.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

If any of you fellas haven`t gotten into reloading yet I hope you don`t throw your brass away, I`m only loading 30-30 right now but I`ll gladly take your 30-30 brass.
    Now these fellas shooting big-bore would definately take your brass,its like gold to us so if your not keeping it give a shout out and someone here will surely use it..
    Thanx and have a good day all.. OB

2. PackinPreacher

PackinPreacher Well-Known Member

I agree. Even today when I was to the range shooting in the snow, I was picking brass out of the snow that others had left behind.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

I'm not into reloading as of yet, but have been saving my brass for years because I imagine a time when it will be worth it to start...

4. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i even save brass from my guns that i don't reload for right now, as i might want to in the future. brass cases are the most expensive part of the ammo. primers are cheap, and a pound of powder goes a long ways. my dad use to reload years ago, but hadn't done it in many years. well about 5 or 6 years ago he gave me all of his reloading equipment, a lot of it was older RCBS stuff and was stashed back in a corner of his barn. well i carried it all to the house and cleaned it up, and put it back to work doing what it's suppose to be doing, loading ammo! RCBS use to put a date code on their equipment and most of this stuff is dated late 60's and early 70's. reloading to me adds to my enjoyment of firearms and shooting.