SHOT Show 2016 News

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by FOUR4D4, Jan 19, 2016.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Attached Files:

2. msharley

msharley Well-Known Member

Hey 4D,

Understand that Kimber is "unveiling" a revolver?

Might be right handy?? [​IMG]Later, Mark

3. FOUR4D4

Do you think that would make a good Carry Gun?

:)

4. msharley

Pocket Rocket

Hey 4D,

Not a "fan" of a .357 Mag.....in the "snubby" format (think the 38+P is a better choice, just my two cents)

Not having handled (or even seen) one, hard to say.

Should "fill a niche" for a compact SIX SHOT revolver.

Think it will do fine with the 38+P ammo (.357 is "too much" for most folk, muzzle blast is severe..........and "blinding" in the snubby) Looks to be well made.........

Don't know if a "J" frame holster will "fit"?? (a Cobra holster may??)

At nearly a thousand bucks, it should be a real "treat"! (wish they would send me one, to "evaluate"):D

Later, Mark

5. FOUR4D4

I wish Ruger would make a revolvers in double action besides just a 38/357.I just cant afford a S&W

6. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

It looks interesting. I carry a 1979 S&W Model 60 J Frame and 5 vs 6 shots is very low on my priority list. However, if the Kimber is of the J Frame size and 6 shots, it would fit nicely in the IDPA BUG Revolver division.

To answer your question, yes, I think it would make a good carry gun but I would carry it with .38 Special or .38 Special +P

7. msharley

Hey 4D,

Understood. My first S&W (M-17) was $169.....TH/TT/TS/TG ......NEW!

First M-29 was $400..........NEW!

First 625 was right around $400.

Suggest getting a used S&W, with the firing pin on the hammer. No lock. No MIM parts.

And Ruger does make DA revolvers......in .44 Mag. (if you are strong enough to pull the trigger DA.......you do not need a gun) :D

In the S&W "line up", think a man would do well to have a K 22 (M-17), K 38 (M-14), M-25-2 or 625 (45 acp) and a M-29................

(yes, have an acute case of S&W itis, in addition to Malinitis):eek:

In Ruger, for a "pocket rocket" the LCR and SP 101 are fine revolvers. No nonsense, all "business"!

And the SA Rugers are the "bomb"!:D (really like the 7-1/2" .45 LC's)

If I were an SASS guy, would have a pair of SA Rugers in .38 Special.:D

Later, Mark

8. FOUR4D4

My 686 I bought used for $450.Most shots are fired in single action I well look for a model 29.

9. FOUR4D4

10. PAHunter

PAHunter Active Member

Revolvers

Hi Guys:

Msharley makes a lot of good points as usual. The new S&W 629 is a pretty nice handgun and not as expensive as finding a Model 29.

There are still deals in used handguns you just have to run across them.

PAH

11. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Older (what were "new" ones when I was a young man) Smith and Wessons have always been my favorite handguns. I remember when you could buy a brand new Model 28 for $200 and the Model 29s and 25s were $225-250. If you didn't mind used, a good Model 10 or 15 could be had for $125 (if you shopped them) and a box of .38 Special reloads was under $5. Those older pre-lock Smiths are really starting to take off and it makes me wonder every time I go to the range if I shouldn't just leave them in the safe to appreciate in value for a few more years. Of course, when I step up to the firing line, pull that hammer back, feel that smooth action, squeeze that trigger and smell that smoke, I remember how much fun those older Smiths really are and what a shame it would be not to shoot them.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  12. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

I equate S&W revolvers with my lever action Marlins. Just something about shooting a revolver and a lever rifle. I shot a friendly 2 gun match last year with my 6" S&W 28-2 and my Marlin 1894C using .38 Specials. My reloads were measured on a sundial but that was one of the best times shooting. My overall score (raw time + penalties for misses) was actually not that bad compared to one guy using his AR and Glock 19, he was fast, just couldn't hit anything with his rifle.

Shoot them, you wont wear them out.

13. FOUR4D4

There's some thing a bout levers and revolvers ask The Duke

14. PAHunter

PAHunter Active Member

Kimber revolver

Oh God:

I am just going to have to buy one of these new Kimber Revolvers and check it out. Does anyone know when and if they are available? :rolleyes:

Regards PAH

15. msharley

Hey Matt,

Were they something like this?:D [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LocO8YffNN0[/ame]

Later, Mark

16. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't have even speed loaders for my N frame. I'll get a video up some time of my new 66-8 with comp 3 speed loaders.. Much faster.

No way I know of to lad the 1894 quicker.

17. msharley

Hey Matt,

Use the Comp III's with my "K" Frames!:)

Chamfered the charge holes, and with the 158gr LRN bullets, can do "credible" work!

Did load a couple dozen "dummy" rounds, to get some good "dry fire"/reloading practice in.

Try to be "smooth". Don't even think about the "clock":eek:

Later, Mark

18. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Model 28 and 1894C make a great pair!