Spring hunter safety course.

Discussion in 'General Marlin Discussion' started by dads81-DL, Mar 20, 2013.

1. dads81-DL

dads81-DL Well-Known Member

Tomorrow starts a 3 day class for my wife and son. They're pretty excited. Spring Turkey season is right around the corner.

2. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Congrats to your wife & son..Be sure to frame there certificates ...I took mine in 1974 at my grade school...Yes we brought guns to school HAHA !!

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Good for both of you, start them young.

4. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Oldbrass, I remember in high school, a bunch of us guys would always go deer hunting after school. We would bring all our gear to school and have our rifles in the gun rack hanging in the back window of our trucks. Those were the good old days. :)

5. oldbrass

We did the exact same thing. In the Town of Ocean Park,WA where I grew up all us kids walked thru town with guns to hunt ducks, all the locals knew us and it was normal back then...I`m sure the Gestappo would be called now....

This thread was about a hunting course. How do we get so off track ???

6. dads81-DL

1st class complete. My wife told me the instructors were impressed with my sons questions he was asking, and that he was paying attention. He was even answering pop questions asked to the crowd. They're both having a great time.

7. oldbrass

woohoo !!! Good job

8. dads81-DL

Well, Monday after 5 the grade gets out. My son and wife take their final hunter safety test and shoot the 20ga at a couple clays and take a couple shots with the 22. If my boy slows down and keep his nerves in check, he should do great

9. oldbrass

sounds like dad has nerves HAHA !! relax he`ll do fine

10. dads81-DL

Me, be nervous, um,um , um, no.... OK, maybe a little. LOL I'm sure hell do great.

11. dads81-DL

OK ,sweating is done now. They both passed. My wife had 100% while my son got 86%. Talk about nerves. My son broke down, thinking he failed, as he was almost the last one to have His name called. Now to keep trying to find 22 ammo to celebrate this weekend.

12. oldbrass

WOOHOO :D CONGRATS. Now for conceal permits and self defence courses

13. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Great job by the wife and son.....:D

14. dads81-DL

Thanks guys, now we're waiting for April 22 and. Opening spring turkey season. It'll be the first for all of us.

15. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and I hope that you have a great hunt.