Stoeger Firearms

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by axxe55, Jan 25, 2012.

1. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

here is my stoeger condor 12ga O/U shotgun. this one i refinished the wood on last year. the metal was in very good condition, but the wood had that poyurethane type clear on it. i like the oil finished satin look much better.

Attached Files:

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

That is a very nice O/U. Nice pictures.
    I have a friend that has a Stoeger Condor 20 ga. O/U that I have shot more than once. I liked it sooo much that I added it to my Want List.
    My collection has gotten smaller and my "want list" is really short but the Condor Bug has bitten. We'll see what happens???

Grey

3. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

Nice gun.

I like a good Stoeger myself. This is a 20 gauge stainless receiver Coachgun with modified and full removable choke tubes. Hand-made black mycarta buttplate. Walnut is hand rubbed to remove the cheapee factory gloss shine. Its the only shotgun I kept. It also has Stainless Longhunter firing pins. http://www.longhunt.com/gunparts/stoeger.htm

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

That is a sharp looking S/S. Thanks for sharing.
    I once owned a 20 ga. Savage B model Fox. That may have been one that I should have kept but my Beretta serves me well. Things come and go.
    I'm thinking that Stoeger is a keeper.

5. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

thanks grey, i picked up the stoeger last year, it was used and in good condition, for about $325. i really like it and shoots great, and now i would like to get one in 20ga to match it. i used to shoot sporting clays in Houston years ago and wanted to get back into doing it again next spring was the reason for buying it, plus i have always had a soft spot for O/U shotguns.

johnny, you did about the same thing as i did on mine. i too didn't like the glossy look to the stock, and buy sanding it down and refinishing it, it brings out the natural grain much better.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

My Stoeger...

Very nice axxe55 and JohnnyLoco...

I too own a Stoeger...an Uplander in 12gauge, my first shotgun...and the first firearm I ever took a deer with. She sports American walnut furniture and two 26" side x side blued and ribbed barrels with a brass bead sight that are choked IC and M. She is chambered for 2 3/4 or 3" shells.

[​IMG]

7. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

thanks shooter, i like the SxS uplander of yours. i have a soft spot for O/U shotguns, but also have one for SxS's too! they sure are just fun to shoot.

8. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

9. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

JL,
    Did you replace the pins or did you have someone else do it? Curious because my favorite pheasant loads are Rem's. When it gets below 32 degrees the stock pins in my Uplander like yours won't reliably set them off. I talked to Stoeger about the problem. They were the ones who told me the Rem primers are tougher and will do that in cold weather. Sounds weird but the Fiocchi pheasant loads perform perfectly in cold weather.

Just curious if you think those firing pins would solve the problem and if you tried their spanner wrench to replace them.