Take an 'ol girl to the range!

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by Hyphenated, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Not what you're thinking....

This winter has been a big improvement over last year, so I've been getting some shooting done. Some of my older rifles have been calling to me about getting more sunlight. How can you say no to a classic 114 year old girl looking to get some exercise.

Attached Files:

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Shes still got it.Thanks for sharing

3. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Beautiful gun and very nice range! My club's range generally requires boots this time of the year because of the mud.

4. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

It is a public range run by the Conservation Dept. The concrete is new as of last year. It is pretty nice if you can go during the week like myself. However, the weekends can be crowded if the weather is good. Two weeks before deer season you better get there early and take a number. The range is divided into two sections. The side I am using here is the 100yd range with targets at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards. To the right of this, but still connected, is a pistol range with the targets placed at 7, 15 and 25 yards.

The rifle in these pictures is an 1893 30-30 made in 1898 and it is in beautiful condition for a rifle of it's age. Shoots pretty good too.

5. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

6. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

very nice looking rifle Hyphen. glad you get her out and shoot her, i know i would!

7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

That is a REALLY neat old rifle. She is in pretty good condition for her age.
    Everyone needs a conversation piece. You have one that still functions. That's great.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

That Is Awesome!

9. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

that range looks nice and very well kept. looks like someone put some thought into construction of it.