The Marlington Model 1895 Guide Gun

Discussion in 'General Marlin Discussion' started by FOUR4D4, Jun 27, 2012.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Very good article. Thanks for posting it.

3. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

I was surprised the rifle grouped as well as it did with all the QC issues. I'm still glad all my Marlins are pre-2007.

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I thought that the article was based on fact and not just hype. I enjoy third part evaluations especially when they have nothing to gain by what they report. Keeps them honest.
    I'm also pleased with my '81 & '86 Marlins. If I buy another, it will be an older model. "Don't mess with success."
    Because I don't own a Remlin, I'll not be making comments as to their quality. Just wouldn't be fair.

5. carlk418

carlk418 Member

I'm glad to say all my Marlins are pre-'07 also. I haven't heard much good about the new ownership.

6. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i thnk quality will improve in the future and i believe these to be isolated cases that do need to be addressed by Marlin and Remington. personally i have looked at and have bought the Marlins that have come after Remington bought them. personally i just haven't seen that many quality control issues that many are talking about. that's just my personal opinion and perspective though. i am not saying these issues are not occuring, but i think they are way less than some would have us to believe they are occuring. just my two cents worth on the subject.

7. LT67

LT67 Active Member

The article sums up the current state of Marlin leverguns rather well... I'll stick with the older JM stamped Marlins.

Btw, how do you lose half of a thumb cycling an older Marlin?!

8. kawa

kawa Member

Getting it caught in the loading port? (just a guess)