The Ole Tractor is gettin like Me !!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Mar 15, 2015.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Not quite as old as me, its a 61 Ford 801. Last 4 days have been getting it back in shape for another season. Had to rebuild the distributor and carb. Put on a new muffler and part of exaust pipe. Cleaned out the Oil Bath air filter. Pounded out some wrinkles and krinkles in the metal. It needs a paint job BAD. Missing a few nuts and bolts but nothing critical. But the tires are good and can still get parts. It has a lot of character........... :D And yes there is some bailing wire holding up the rear of the tail pipe, that bracket is hard to come by.

Like me, I need some rebuilding, missing some nuts and bolts, need a paint job and have lots of creases in my body also. So far no wire, but have used duct tape and electrical tape to patch up some Ut-Ohs till they mended, sort of ...... :rolleyes:

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I resemble those remarks.;)
    Except for the wire in my knee cap.
    The only Golden that I'm seeing is when I take a whiz.
    Then again, life is still good, wrinkles and all. My wife still thinks I'm handsome and only her vote counts.

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Wow I thought I was the only one.Every day it seems like there is some new ache and pain in my body.Liquid wrench on the legs just to get out of the bed.

4. SWO1

Could not resist. With the sheet metal off and pounding out dents, dings (the big ones) I decided to paint it up some. Got the official Ford Red and Grey. Have the hood and side metal done. Tomorrow will do the front grill and dash cap. I will take the rear fenders off later and do them, just not right now. I will order the "FORD 801 POWERMASER" decals that go on the front side metal. Here is a pic of what it will look like.

Attached Files:

• 801.png
      801.png
      File size:
      64.4 KB
      Views:
  5. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

SW01 that looks like a Ford Jubilee. Those old tractors will be around forever I think.
    I had a 9N around a 1947 year. I had totally rebuilt the engine and repainted the metal. I sold it when I found a 2002 New Holland TC-18 4whl dr. 200 hours on the clock. with shredder and box blade for $4500. I jumped on it. I so like this compact tractor.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  6. SWO1

The jubilee was made 1953-54. It had a special emblem denoting the 50th anniversity of Ford 1903-53. The sheet metal was all grey and a different front grill. It was an 8N. In 54 the 800 series came out with the Red/grey paint scheme and higher HP. Next series change was to the 4000, same at the 800 just a different front end and paint went to Blue/white. Starting with the 4000 series Ford went to a 12 volt system standard. mine has been converted from 6 volt. in less than Tropical areas a 6 volt system is a PIA in the winter.

7. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

I see you know the Ford history. I bet those old tractors will be around long after I am gone.
    Looking forward to seeing your restore job on yours.