Thery`re Crazy

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by oldbrass, Mar 2, 2013.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

.22lr $11.29 for a box of 50...$85 a brick...this is federal 38gr plinker ammo

2. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

:eek::eek::eek:...I just paid $39.90 a brick for 40gr round nose. Also had 38gr HP. Im gonna use it for bullseye and this ammo shoots good out of all my guns. Its from Mexico (Centorian), a subsidary of Ely. I cant believe my gun shop had it this long, over a week. I thought he had 10,000 rds, but turned out he had 20,000. I took a case.....5,000. I know its about $12 over the good ole days...(90 days ago). His supplier sent him a DOUBLE order of everything....Ammo, pistols, even had a Ruger Auto he hadnt ordered....:) But he did get billed for it.....wasnt Free. His full orders of 9MM and .223 dont come but he does get 1-2000 rds a week.

3. myg30

myg30 Member

This is a gun show or web price and pray its not a stores price.
    I bet the lib's are sitting back laughing at us gun owners, with the mess WE created with the buying frenzy.
    It's like having candles at home in case the power goes off. Four years ago before this president took office law abiding folks should of purchased and put away for the storm to come. Well it's here now and going to be a while before the lights come back on !

Mike

4. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

If you have ever watched the Reality Show "Doomsday Preppers", dont laugh.

I think we all have seen what "self induced panic" has caused. Now just imagine if the S### DOES HIT THE FAN. Take what has happened to Ammo, guns, ect. and apply it to EVERYTHING used on a daily basis.

5. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I agree with myg30. I have always kept a reasonable ammo inventory but I also started stocking extra about 6 years ago. Problem is, like money in the savings account, I'm real hesitant to spend it.
    I went to a gun show today. It was crazy. Shoulder to shoulder thru 90% of the show. People everywhere. If the table had hand guns or ammo, it was stand & wait if you wanted to see anything. Guns were over priced as I expected. Who wants to buy an AR-15 for $1100 - $1200.
    Supplies looked good for most items like ammo, powder, bullets, etc.
    Primers weren't plentiful but they were available. I didn't stand in line to check prices on stuff that I didn't need.
    I was looking for 22 lr. ammo but it was scarce. I did find a table with Win. 325 bulk packs for $32 and Win. 500 bulk packs for $52. Boxes of 50 were priced at $7 ea. That's $70 a brick. :eek:
    The only thing that I bought was 3 boxes of Hornady 25 gr. NTX 22 mags for $13 a box. That is about what I payed for 22 mag. Hornady V-Max a couple years ago.
    I went with 2 other friends and it was an enjoyable day. ;)

6. oldbrass

this was a gun shop price out of town, my local shop hasn`t had .22 since the first of the year

7. Irish

Irish Active Member

Not to mention not Only i
    s Ammo high guns are crazy

8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

How many in a brick,500?

9. oldbrass

10. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have my stash, but I'm not shooting it till I can find suitable replacements.

Sounds like that's going to be a while.

11. FOUR4D4

I went to Walmart online said they had some 45acp when i went there they were gone

12. Shooter

Can you reserve online?

13. FOUR4D4

My wife works at a Walmart I will have her talk to them in sporting goods

14. Shooter

Lucky you having an insider! I asked my cousin who works there if she could do that, she said "No, we've been told we can lose our jobs for reserving ammo for friends and family".