Things at a local Fair !

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Jul 26, 2013.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Thursday, 7/25 was the start of the 123rd annual "Old Settlers Reunion" Its a local event that my Lions Club runs and features a Carnival, booths for local crafters and other clubs, organizations to sell/raffle off items to raise money.

Our County Sheriffs Auxillary group always raffles off a gun, this year a 20ga shotgun. Rural fire dept. has 2 guns, a shotgun and a Henry lever .22.

One local High Schools Senior class is raffling off 6 bricks of .22 LR. Talking to the kids running the booth, they were donated and at 6 tickets for $5 should make them a good pile of cash thru Saturday night. Its Federal target and I GOT MINE...:cool: Also on the guns.

My group of the Lions Club runs the Bingo and Thursday night 4.5 hours cleared $1400. Tonight will be better and Saturday being the Big day. No money just cheap items played for at .50 a card.

Local bands play every night and along with the booths, rides, and music the cook shack has fish sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs @ $1. So that will be my weekend and finish up about Midnight Saturday.

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Wish I was closer,sounds like fun.....(and a lot cheaper than our fair,$3.25 for a regular hamburger :eek:)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Do they have the $2.00 pork sandwiches. Good Luck with the raffle!!:)

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great weekend for everyone. Enjoy, have fun and put the monies to a good use. :))

5. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Enjoy it. GOD & Mother Nature turned down the thermostat and it should be a great time for folks to enjoy it! Best wishes on the raffle's results. You'd look good holding a Henry!

6. SWO1

Weather has been great last two days. Tonight is the last one. Drawing for the Sheriffs shotgun and the High School bricks of .22. The fire Dept drawing for the shotgun and Henry .22 isn't until end of October. But also a drawing tonight for a baby beef or $400 your choice. This year they had a heifer donated, if it was a steer would be $500.

I've never won ANYTHING in a raffle but my wife won a Browning BAR 7mm Mag (with optics) once for a $1 ticket......:D I had her list it for about $150 less than what I figured it was worth. She was wanting new carpet in the bedroom so I told her to sell it and get the carpet. First day the ad ran first guy forked over the $$ and she got her carpet and more to boot.

7. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

My local county fair wants $12 for parking, $18 for admission, and $6 for a stupid plain hot dog. I sure wish I was closer to your type of fair!

8. SWO1

LOCATION...LOCATION....:p

Here parking and admission is FREE....hotdogs are a $1, Pop also $1...chips....$.0.50, Ice Cream cones $1, BIG bag of fresh popped corn $1. NO booze or dogs (service dogs OK) and you can come armed. I help run the BINGO GAME and some of those little ole ladies get roudy.....:eek:

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

^^ Amen Bro...now go check the price of gas ! ^^

10. SWO1

$3.39 yesterday. And that's here in the sticks....around its $3.29

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  11. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I'm headed to the Orange County Fair this week. I'll see if I can get some pictures of the outrageous prices for the food.