Timed Out?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Hyphenated, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Anybody have this happen? I just spend 30 minutes writing a book to greyhawk50 about crimping and than when I went to post I was told I needed to sign in. I was signed in so I guess it timed me out? This has happened to me twice now on this site. How long do we have before we are automatically timed out?
    Thanks for the help.

2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I need to make the hack in the software that auto-checks it but when you login you have to check Remember Me? else it will log you out after 15 minutes.

3. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I've had that happen here and on another sight.
    My solution is; Highlight the text and copy. Then, if I time out, I can click & paste after I log-in again. I'll try the "remember me" but I think I'll continue to "copy" until it proves itself.
    And you are right. I hunt & peck and then I proof read. Timeout are common for me.

AND, Welcome to the forum.

4. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

I thought about typing my 'book'...in Word and then copy and paste since I had been timed-out before, but I figured that was a fluke. Live and learn.
    If I get some time later this evening I will see if I can do a re-write.
    Okay thanks for the tip.

5. spittinfire

spittinfire Member

If I'm going to be writing something of length I will type it up in word or in my email and then cut and paste. That way I can edit it, change it, do whatever and not have to worry about timing out.

6. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I do that to if I know I'm going to be typing for a while.