To Many Irons In The Fire !!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Sep 11, 2012.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I just have to many blamed things goin on to get goin good on anything. It's Sept. and have to do the semi-annual brush hogging. That takes about 4 days if nothin breaks. Time to pattern shotguns for Oct turkey season. Just getting fired up in my foray back into reloading. Busy time scouting Deer, checking game cameras. Need to spend time just sitting and watching prime locations...All Day Long. Squirlls are running around and the grandsons want to go...almost every day...me to really. Conditions are gettin right to get back on the lake and river. Freezer is LOW. Boys and me REALLY WANT TO GO. Football season is HERE...oldest grandson has his first game TONIGHT !! He has practice every day...I take and pick him up. Have to dismantle the greenhouse for the winter....late on that already. Habitat For Humanity meeting today...I am the construction chairman...gotta go. VFW meeting thursday night...I am the quartermaster...gotta go. Lions club meeting 2 tuesdays a month..on one of the commetties....gotta go.

RETIRED.....CRAP....I think I will dump it all and get another full time job so I can get Weekends and Holidays off........:mad:

2. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Yep, definately time to go and get a full time job! :eek::D

3. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

C'mon SWO1, you're scaring me! I'm planning to retire from my current job in about two years and am already set up for a part-time 20-30 hours per week at my local gunshop. The church folks have started giving me a list of things they need help with and I'm sure my wife's school will be in need of volunteers. Maybe I should just keep working, the money's better and I'd have more time to myself.

4. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

You boys are right....it's harder than it looks sitting home all day doing nothing. :D

5. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

part of the reason i am not ever retiring! :eek::D

6. SWO1

I don't think any of us EVER Re-Tire.....Just get More-tired........:p

Squese Me....gotta take a little nap now..........:)

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Damn man...I've been retired for over 4 1/2 years now and I'M LOVIN' IT !!!

There is never enough time in the day for all the things I want to do...

8. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

NAP.....did someone say nap? I would love to take a farmers nap right about now, but I better get outside and finish mowing.

9. SHOOTER13

For example...I got some huntin' in this mornin'...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. SWO1

LOL.....Shooter, how many of those Monks does it take to make a mess..??
    Or do ya just eat the peanuts..........:D

11. SHOOTER13

The peanuts hold those skiddish monks still just long enough to get a bead on 'em...!!

The eaten ones are from the squirrels...the monks just run in, grab one, and go back to their hole.

They're quick...I'm quicker !! :D

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  12. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

@ SW01
    All of the organizations and activities that you mentioned are worthwhile and rewarding. No doubt about it. But as I get older, I've determined that I just can't "do it all' anymore, even if I wanted to.
    So, I reference a verse in scripture that says "let your yes be yes and your no be no". I try my best to be a man of my word and the verse tells me that it's OK to say no. Not to be selfish but family comes first in my mind and I'm part of the family. No doubt in my mind that you'll get it balanced out one of these days. ;)

13. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Sage advice for all of us Grey!

14. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i have to agree, very good advice for all of us Grey!

15. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Semi Stealin tree rat

Had to bring in the Marines to stop this oversized tree rat from stealin shipments of nuts. Authorities say if it had just stuck to the regular little red skinned ones they would have overlooked it. But NOOOOOO this big boy out grew his free handout route in the neighborhood and struck out on his own hijacking semis full of Deluxe Fancy Mixed Nuts...with NO Peanuts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012