Tomorrow is CRAPPIE DAY !!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Apr 15, 2015.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

My neighbor Jack has a friend who is a quide on Truman Lake. Jack, my brother, and myself go a couple times a year when he dosnt have anything booked. Yesterday he said they were on the bank ..... should be a good day. He furnishes everything, gear, bait if we use it, and cleans the fish afterwards. We give him a good tip. Hopefully Pics tomorrow evening.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I'm going tomorrow morning when I get off work. I bank fish though. Sold my boat to pay Dr bills. Good luck SW!

3. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun. Have a good time with the guys. If they bite well, could be a fish fry in the near future.

4. SWO1

Catch a bunch gump .....Bank is as good a place as any for slab sides when they are spawning ...... or any other time for that matter. Have about 30 in the freezer and will take some to the river camping. Every time last year the water was way down and never even put in a line there. WE will have fish this camping trip (goin Sunday for a week) ...... :D ..... and fried taters and cole slaw.

5. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

LOL I thought you were going to say snow was in the forecast.

6. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

Hope you catch a good mess, SW01! Crappie = best eatin' fish there is IMHO.

7. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Where the fish at SWO1?

8. SWO1

It was a Hard Days fishing. Left the Marina at 0800. Half hour run to the shallow end of the lake where the water was warmer (64 vice 57). It was overcast until 1130. In 3 hours we had only boated 5 or 6. Then the Sun came out and things got better. My brother and myself got 26, 4 short of our limit.
    Some pics, sorry but when we hit some didnt have time to take pics. We fished the bank in about 2-2.5' of water on low slooping banks and off the points. Used jigs, various colors, they hit all of them when we found a few. Most points only yielded 1-2 fish. We kept moving slowly along the bank and reversing and going back over a point when we got one or two was no good. Only one point we caught 4 on two runs. At 1500 they quit totally, so at 1600 we packed it in.

first pic is of the low banks we were fishing.
    Second pic is of more steep banks but the water was to deep just a couple feed out.
    Third pic is of the REAL steep banks with Lime Stone cliffs, some were more high.
    Last is my brother with about a 10-11" Crappie. Length limit is 9" and most averaged about 11-12.

9. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Looks like you had a good time. Soooooo.... when's the fish fry? :)