Trigger Guard

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by 01Sporty, Dec 23, 2012.

1. 01Sporty

01Sporty Active Member

Bismark has a 70's era model 60 with a cracked trigger guard. He'd like to replace it with the one I have for sale in the classifieds. If memory serves me, mine won't fit his but I'm not certain.

Does anyone know for sure?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Sorry, can't help ya there !!

Hang tight, someone will know for sure....

3. bismarck

bismarck Member

I've done some googling and I've seen some contradictory responses to this question. Some people say it will work fine, some people say the tang won't fit because it's more square in the newer models, etc. I guess since Numrich differentiates between "older style" and "newer style" trigger guards there is a difference, but I guess it matters just as much if you made the trigger guard to the newer specifications or the older ones?

4. 01Sporty

01Sporty Active Member

Here, try this. This is a pdf of the brass replacement guard I made for my 60's. It won't be exactly the same as the OEM plastic one but the profile will be. In particular, the top view and screw locations need to be the same.

If you have a decent printer, it will print to scale and be quite accurate.

Attached Files:

5. bismarck

bismarck Member

Thanks you for the assistance. I'm having problems opening the attachment, though. Is there something I'm missing?

6. 01Sporty

01Sporty Active Member

Apparently I'm the one missing something. I put it up and assumed it would open. It doesn't. Maybe a moderator can tell me what's wrong or you can PM me an email and I could send it to you directly. I prefer the first option if you're in no hurry.

I just did the manage attachments thing and selected the file. Seemed simple. It's 10 KB, is there a size problem?

7. bismarck

bismarck Member

I hope 10KB wouldn't be too big. It still doesn't work for me, when I hover over the link with my mouse it turns red like I can click it, but when I actually click on it, nothing.

Curiouser and curiouser.

8. Deacon Snitch

Deacon Snitch Member

There seems to be a problem with the link formatting.

Try copying & pasting this into your address bar:

http://cdn.marlinforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1484&d=1356298501

9. 01Sporty

01Sporty Active Member

Thanks Deacon, that works fine. Nice to know it wasn't just me.

10. bismarck

bismarck Member

I looked at the schematic and it appears I do indeed have one of the older-style trigger guards and you made one of the newer ones. Unfortunately I don't think it would work.

11. 01Sporty

01Sporty Active Member

Thought that might be the case, glad we checked.