true hero i never knew

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by moparman1911, Sep 23, 2012.

1. moparman1911

moparman1911 Well-Known Member

when i went to iraq i worked for a private contractor as a mechanical engineer.i was the old man of the group.the next oldest young man was 24 now i am 44.there is gunfire 24/7 over there it only slows down when they pray.i am not talking about alquida or insurgents.i worked 100 miles away from anything there where villages,these people where sheep and goat farmers and they where as kind to you as you where to them.it is 115 in the shade,dead dogs everywhere and no sewers or garbage pickup.but i did not go over there to play video games when i was done.i was not afraid,i wanted to see a new culture and despite the smell the people where happy and i used to play with the kids and the old men and women would laugh and clap and where very kind to me.there are minefields everywhere,most marked.i had to be in by dark but between day and night there was a spot ontop of a hill that always had a nice breeze so i went there often looking into the valley and just watching the goings on.one extra beautiful day i am kneeling down and i watch a puppy run right into a minefield and right after him ran a 10 year old or so boy.i was helpless there was nothing i could do.but i could not turn away.i just waited.out of no where came an american woman,an aid or doctor,just someone on their own dime on their own time without guns over there to help out i am stunned and terrified as i watch this woman without concern for her own life at all run straight into a minefield. i said oh my god please i don`t want to see this.this american woman ran in and scooped this little boy up and ran out and with the who area covered by mines by the grace of god she scooped this child up and ran right out of there.i wept like a child.i uncontrollably cried, that someone would do something like that and run straight in knowing her first step could have been her last.i am tearing up now as i write this as i never knew the woman or saw her ever again.she is my hero.she was a person that made a difference.she made a difference in my life and i never even knew her.that really puts things into perspective when you see all this hate and destruction and death all around you and you see a miracle like that.every time i am down or upset about something i see a woman run full speed into a minefield and by the grace of god grab that child and come out without a scratch and she knew she could have easily been killed for someone she never even knew....fyi...the puppy wondered out and did not get hurt.one beautiful act such as that gives me hope for humanity and what is going on around the world.just ask yourself would you run into a minefield to probably be blown to bits to help a person you don`t know.there are miracles and that woman is my hero and she probably never thought anything about it.so have faith in humanity, as an act like that gives me hope for us all.

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I appreciate you sharing this.

3. moparman1911

thank you

austin i have seen in my book.it makes me strive to be a better person every day many things in my life good and bad as we all have but that one was a real gamechanger knowing i am nothing compared to a woman i never knew.i question myself and ask would i have run into a minefield without thought of my own life.thank god i am not in that situation but i am in awe of even comprehending that.thank you austin

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Is that your picture mopar !?

5. moparman1911

Yeah my ugly mug

yeah shooter,not bad for 44 years old and i took those pictures right after i got back from iraq for my ma,they did a darn good job on my face.the things they can do now is just incredible.i set off metal detectors every time i go into airports and they basically stip search me,no anal probing yet!!! Thank god,lol. But i tell them i have plates and metal screws throughout my face and they look at me like yeah you never even had an acident.i am going to dig up an x ray and post it,you will think it was an x ray from a dead man.i am happy to be chatting and up and living,i really have a gift there.i am lucky i never take a moment for granted ever.but that is my ugly mug,lol.thanks for asking shooter now you can put a face to all my posts and pics...

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Thank you for your service to our great country sir !!

[​IMG]

7. moparman1911

you said it...

shooter you said it our country now if these liberal destroyers of the united states would just spontaniously combust the world would be a better place to live thanks shooter