USPS accuracy!!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Gumpy, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I finally found the correct rear sight for my Steyr-Mannlicher and USPS lost it. The Pony Express used to take a week to go from coast to coast. Thru modern processes, USPS takes 9 days to come from Colorado to Alabama. Thats progress!!!

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I totally understand. Sorry to hear that the USPS has lost sight of their responsibility and that your sight got lost in the process.
    Hope all turns out OK. Keep us posted.
    I'd like to see what it looks like after it is installed, if and when you get it.

3. Gumpy

The one that is on there is tack welded on! So I will have to do some fine surgery on it. USPS said they know where it is. They left a note in there mailbox asking them to put it back in the box and then they will bring it to me. What if they dont give it back?? Guess it's back to square one, lol

4. Gumpy

USPS called me back today and wanted to know if I knew the phone number of who they delivered it to! Duh! Sounds like the search begins again for another rear sight for my Steyr.

5. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

is the usps payin for a new one ??

6. Irish

Irish Active Member

Great I'm ordering a new Tipton gun cleaning kit and it's arriving USPS that'll be fun

7. Gumpy

They are actin' like 'I'm so sorry' and thats it!​

8. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Insured

Gumpy, all sent items are insured up to a certain amount. File a claim and make them reimburse you. At least you will get your money back.

9. Gumpy

I wasn't aware of that, Hombre. Thanks. I got another email this morning that they are still investigating and they will get back to me in 2-4 business days. I'm glad there's is not a war on!!! I guess I could throw the gun at the enemy!!! lol

10. Gumpy

Can you believe that our great post office system is still giving me a runaround!! They keep sending me to someone else. They make me sick!

11. hombre243

What I would do...

Gump, I would call or email the atty general of your state and file a claim. If the atty gen gets involved you will get your part back.

12. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Missed this almost 2 month long dilemma. IF you have a written message from USPS stating they have knowledge of where it was wrongfully delivered, seems like the Postal IG would be the 1st stop with a mention of hombre's suggestion of State AG. Give the IG 2-5 days and then drop all you have on the AG. Something's definitely lacking, smells almost as bad...or worse than a govt. cover-up in D.C. !

13. hombre243

Running interference on our deliveries

This sounds conspiratorial but it is true. People within the ranks as well as at the top of many organizations love to misdirect packages. I have had several instances at the USPS where this has happened and also UPS.

I ordered a very expensive air rifle and it was opened and not retaped. Whoever opened it damaged it and I had to spend the money to have the gun repaired. It was never right after that. I found out who opened the package and confronted him...he is the manager of the UPS outfit...and he said he only opens items to look for addresses or other ID if the outside labeling is damaged. I scanned the labels into my computer for record ad that is when I caught him in his lie. He is anti gun...and so are many other people who we rely on to deliver us what we pay such a high price for.

One person at the local post office back in Iowa was also guilty of this type of BS. It took several months for a small item to show up. I found out he is a lazy opportunist and mine was not the first complaint the other delivery people heard about him. I asked who to complain to and they said no one would help because he is the postmaster's good buddy...probably literally.

Anyone who has these complaints should report them to the highest authority they can because this BS will not stop until someone stops it.

Just like the BS in DC...which could be the spawning ground for this kind of treatment.

14. Gumpy

I hate to raise such a big fuss over a $20 dollar part, but I'm gonna!!! lol It's the principle of the whole thing now. Stay tuned!!!

15. hombre243

Parts availability

If another part is available it is a $20 dollar part. If not, the part has become much more valuable.

16. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

GIVE 'EM HELL GUMPY! I'd believe that there's probably a lot more of that 'interferecne' to come given the misdirection of this country's Idiot n Chief and the puppeteers pulling his strings. Best wishes for pinning down the culprits and getting a little justice...at least in your heart & soul.

17. hombre243

Harassment under a guise of legality and normalcy.