Vacation Trip

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by axxe55, Sep 1, 2012.

1. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

well after five years of not being able to take a vacation for various reasons, the wife and i decided to take one this weekend. well we left late thursday morning and headed to New Braunfels. we took more of the smaller highways rather than the interstates. so far we have had a good time and decided to stay in New Braunfels another night. this morning we are heading to the city of San Antonio to see the Alamo. later this evening we are heading to Corpus Christy and then tomorrow we will go and see the USS Lexington there. when i get home next week i will share pictures we have taken. so far we are having a great time, and the food has been great. thursday night we had dinner at a place called Montana Mike's Steakhouse. i had really good sirloin and grilled shrimp. last night we ate at place in Gruene called the Gristmill that overlooked the Guadalupe river and the food was fantastic. well i will post more later tonite and let you know about the food and scenery.

2. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Have a GREAT TIME.....axxe55, you and the wife. Don't eat too much....Ahh go ahead....ENJOY......

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

thank you SW01! yes i plan eating plenty! and so far the food has been excellent everywhere we have eaten!:D that makes it harder to back away from the table!:eek:

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Enjoy the vaca axxe55...!!

Make sure to take some pics to share with us too...

5. Windy

Windy Well-Known Member Supporting

Enjoy the time away. Relax and enjoy. You two deserve it.

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Have a wonderful time with your wife. Life is too short not to spend time with the ones you love.
    Relax, regenerate, rewind and rejoice.

7. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Have fun & most of all be safe:)

9. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Have a great trip Axxe! Relax, spend money, have fun! As Grey said, "Life is too short..."

10. bmarg

bmarg Well-Known Member

Have fun, that sounds like the same trip I took as a kid and I know I enjoyed it when I went!

11. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Gristmill is great.

Sounds like we were a few minutes from each other at one point.

12. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

we ate there Friday night. we were in the room overlooking the Guadalupe river. i had the chicken fried steak and the wife had the grilled chicken sandwich. we got an order of onion rings for an appetizer, and they were awesome. food was great, service was great and the prices were decent.

Thursday night when we got into New Braunfels, we ate at Montana Mike's Steakhouse. i had a steak and shrimp, and the wife got a chicken fried steak. the steak i had was fantastic. cooked perfectly and was as good as the ones i cook at home. i highly recommend this place. we ate there about five years ago and just had to eat there again, and it was worth the drive!

Saturday morning we left and went to San Antonio and visited the Alamo and walked up and down the Riverwalk. got lost trying to find the parking lot where we parked the truck! that was sure lots of fun. then that evening we drove into Corpus Christi and then we went the next morning to view the USS Lexington museum. very interesting tour of the carrier. we ended up spending most of the day on the carrier taking pictures. had a great time taking nightime pictures as well from the beach.

more to follow! pictures as soon as i get them downloaded into my computer.

13. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

here are some pictures of our trip. some from New Braunfels.

Attached Files:

14. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

USS Lexington

here are some pictures of the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi.

Attached Files:

15. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing.
    Really great pictures. Almost like being there.

Grey

16. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

thank you Grey, we did have a good time, and you're welcome.

more to come!:D

here is a picture we took of a tree at Goose Island State Park that is over 1000 years old!

Attached Files:

17. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

USS Lexington at night!

these were taken at night at the Lexington and the surrounding area. note in two of them there are some interesting "ghost images"!

Attached Files:

18. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Remember the Alamo!

here are some of the Alamo.

Attached Files:

19. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the pictures

20. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

you're welcome Four. just wanted to share with my friends here. we had a great time and saw a lot of interesting things. this trip was my wife's second time to visit the Alamo and her first time to Corpus Christi. we traveled over 1200 miles and never left the state of Texas!