Vacations over.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by oldbrass, Mar 21, 2013.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I got laid off a few weeks ago from the military base doing contract maintenance work on mil vehicles &equipment. I filed for unenjoyment and was thinkin of a little ride thru the countryside on the scooter..I updated my Resume and was called in for an interview tuesday, I start Monday with a truck & trailer repair shop. I`m not complaining tho. I just didn`t expect to find anything this quickly

2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Congrats on the job! I believe that people who really want to work have no problem getting a job. It might not be what you want, but it will put beans on the table! lol

3. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new job. ........................

4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Congratulations.Hope you enjoy it.

5. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Maybe they need someone mature and capable! Hard to find that in today's younger sect :( The "Me 1st" mentality coupled with a faulty educational system and lack of parental guidance/involvement dictates in their minds that they don't have to do much to get by in life. Sad...

Hope you get your toolboxes and tools loaded and to the new shop without breaking a nail! Congrats on becoming gainfully employed once again. Decent jobs are tough to come by. PS-I thanks again for the gift of brass :D

6. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Good for you oldbrass!!!

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Congrats! In this economy that's dang near a miracle!

8. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the new job oldbrass. Hope everything works out good for you. I've been looking for a part time job around here. But I think they don't want to hire a person of my age, even had one to tell me that. So much for equal opportunity employer. All I can say is, their loss.

9. Shooter

How's it going with the new job?

10. oldbrass

So far so good, worked on some tailers and put new engine mounts in a freightliner..They asked today if I was interested in working the road in one of the service trucks

11. Shooter

Are you? That could be interesting but it seems like longer hours.

12. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Good on ya! If you take the Service Truck...be careful out on the roadways. So many distracted drivers make things riskier than days gone by!

13. oldbrass

Ya long hours. Its an hour one way (45 miles)just to get to work..It is work but my old back doesn`t want to do this forever...sadly its all I know

14. Shooter

I used to do that commute. It would give me time to think so I enjoyed it. Of course the other part to that was I was but a lowly cook who had his radio stolen out of his car so it was either think or just drive.