very cool collections of 1911`s and the fabled never to have been made mossberg 12 ga

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by moparman1911, Sep 20, 2012.

1. moparman1911

moparman1911 Well-Known Member

Hi,stephen here.as you guys probably can see i am new but i am jumping in feel first trying to keep the posts up and interesting and start my own i want to post a couple 1911`s for you gun to see.i have two kimbers there the warrior full size government with nite sites,crimson trace,beveled magwell,wilson combat mags and resprung it down to 3 1/2 pounds with wolff springs and light rail.the other kimber has all the same except it is call the tactical light rail 2 but also crimson trace,beveled mag well re-sprung nite sites,light rail and matte stainless steel.the other stainless steel one is a custom taurus i tore down put in new hammer,trigger,springs,disconnector,went to 70 series safety instead of 80 series and i bought stainless checked grips that did not fit so thank god for patients,files a die grinder and grinding wheel,i had to severely modify them.i could have sent them back but love a challenge but when i got them fit they looked crappy because they where too shiny so i put them on my wire wheel for a couple of seconds each and had the perfect look.the fourth is a rock island "beater"1911.it is new and parkerized nothing fancy i mounted a rail underneath,but that is my gun i bring if i am going to get wet or by salt water anything that i don`t want the others to see.i have 4 or 5 more 1911`s but i figured i would post a couple at a time and btw,that gun in the background is the fabled mossberg 590 bullpup in marine coat finish.some say the gun was never made.well there is one.they made them for naval battle ships for the shortness,marine coat durability and 9 shells of 12 gauge death in very,very tight spaces.i hope you guys like..thanks stephen

Attached Files:

• 046.jpg
      046.jpg
      File size:
      27.9 KB
      Views:
    • 047.jpg
      047.jpg
      File size:
      31.9 KB
      Views:
    • 048.jpg
      048.jpg
      File size:
      35.6 KB
      Views:
    • 049.jpg
      049.jpg
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
    • 050.jpg
      050.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
    • 051.jpg
      051.jpg
      File size:
      27 KB
      Views:
    • 052.jpg
      052.jpg
      File size:
      30 KB
      Views:
    • 053.jpg
      053.jpg
      File size:
      31.2 KB
      Views:
  2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Very nice. My pick would be the stainless Kimber and the PT1911. Just me but I'm really partial to stainless. I've always been a fan of the 1911 and the 45 acp round.
    The Mossberg is impressive as well. Thanks for sharing.

3. moparman1911

Much appreciated

i am a stainless steel man myself and like the heavy hitting power of the 45 acp.the 1911 balances in my hand very well and the mossberg the "cool" factor is 100 percent for that

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Very nice indeed...

5. moparman1911

i try....

i have only been on here less than a week and feel i can get the posts going and more threads and make it more interesting for all of us.so i will keep posting the one of a kinds,i like this board shooter and everyone has been very nice to me and given me valuable information to make my start a bit easier.i thank all of you guys.these posts are for all of us.