Weather Check

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by greyhawk50, Dec 25, 2012.

1. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Hey SWO1 ---- and others.
    How are you do'n?
    I hear there's a storm a brew'n?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Mid 70s today

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012

3. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Light snow yesterday that changed to rain before evening service. Upper 30s/low 40s today. Mess expected tomorrow - snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain - a typical central Maryland winter slop fest - Yuck!

4. greyhawk50

We have 2" of snow left from last Friday. They are predicting 8"-12" tomorrow with blizzard like winds. Should be interesting. We've not seen those conditions since 1978. We'll see what happens and deal with whatever comes. We keep a stock pile of food for just these occasions. Got enough to supply the whole neighborhood for a couple weeks.
    SWO1 should be in the thick of it right now. It's coming up through his region. I pray that all is well for him. Reports from that area say that they need the perspiration to offset the drought but that is a tough way to get it.

5. FOUR4D4

Have you noticed their naming the winter storms now

6. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

White Christmas

We got 3-4 inches of snow between 8:00 Am and 11:00 Am and then it rained for 4 hours and wash it away ! :mad:

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

We had a light dusting of snow Christmas Eve in SE Pennsylvania which didn't last very long

but made for a picture postcard evening...

8. greyhawk50

Started snowing this morning about 7:00 am and has continued all day, heavy at times. For awhile, according to the radar, it looked like it would turn to freezing rain but then the cold front pushed further to the East. Now it looks like it will be snowing all day.
    We're fine here but concerned for my daughter and her husband as they travel home today from Pekin Illinois.
    Not as much wind as they predicted but we have more than 3" on the ground. This pic was taken about 11:00 am.
    For you people that live in the tropics, look what you're missing. :p
    Haven't seen a post from SWO1. I hope that they are OK.

Attached Files:

9. SHOOTER13

SE Pennsylvania reporting 41 degrees and very cloudy skies...

Just heard that flights are being cancelled at Philly International Airport due to an oncoming storm

that hasn't even dropped one drop of rain or snow in my area...are you kiddin' me !? [​IMG]

10. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Surprise, Surprise, the mess has arrived! We were having a lovely snowfall (about an 1 1/2" on the ground) and now it's turning to rain.
    ...and the people said - Yuck!

11. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

It's snowing in north alabama

My wife just told me it started to snow. Not supposed to have any accumilation, but it's freaking the mules out. They are running for the barn!!

12. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Got some rain, then a couple inches of snow and then the power went out Christmas evening for about 14 hours. But, my Coleman 1 burner stove and hand mill coffee grinder and French Press coffee maker got me and my neighbors rollin full steam by 9 am Wednesday morning. Then the internet went out for about an hour. Have a look at my car and surrounding area...Well after 3 tries to attach a photo and failing...:eek: oops. maybe later. Hope the snow doesn't melt before I get the pics posted. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  13. greyhawk50

We got about 9" of snow and it started to taper off so I got the snow blower out. I cleared my drive and then cleared 3 of the neighbors, (My ministry is helping the elderly and widows that live around me). It wasn't easy because the snow is wet and kept plugging up the feed auger. By the time I was finished, we had another inch in the drive. According to the radar, the snow has nearly all passed but now the wind is picking up and blowing stuff around. :D Life is interesting to say the least.
    The kids just called and they are about 150 miles from home. Thank the Lord - So far - so good.
    The Sheriff declared a Level 2 for the highways in the county. Some of the roads are reportedly one lane. Good time to stay home if you don't have to be out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  14. FOUR4D4

My niece said they had tornado warnings out yesterday in the Detroit area:eek:

15. SHOOTER13

SE Pennsylvania reporting 38 blustery degrees and cloudy skies this Thursday afternoon...!!

16. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

12/27
    Tyler TX is about 39 but feels like 33...so says Tyler Morning Telegraph. Snow is falling off the trees and the red clay holds water on top of the ground. It is a real red swap here near Lindale. But, I have my health...and my front teeth are soaking nicely in the jar my pickled turkey gizzards came in. :D All in all...a good Christmas holiday.

17. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Just caught up with this thread. Looks like FUN for a lot of you guys. Seems greyhawk50 has the most.....:p Not a FLAKE here. It all went around me. I was hoping for at least a couple of inches so I could get rid of a big ole burn pile I started last winter. Sooner or later. With deer season over was hoping to get back to the shooting bench and try out the chrony and a batch of reloads for the .223. But it is to COLD. To nasty to drag out the stuff and even shoot a cylender of pistol. Forecast is not to get out of the 30s for at least the next 10 days or so. Maybe some snow tomorrow and then again Tuesday.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  18. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

No snow to report here. It went to the south of us. It is still too cold and breezy for me to do any shooting though. I did hear some shooting yesterday and this morning. I'm guessing somebody was trying out their new Christmas present.

19. SHOOTER13

SE Pennsylvania reporting 39 calm degrees with birds a singin' sunny skies !!

20. greyhawk50

Got things cleared off yesterday. Even cleared a path to the bird feeder.

How, for tonight, they are calling for more snow, mainly after midnight, with accumulations from 1"- 3". Chance of snow, 100%.
    The Ski Slope near here is sure to be busy this weekend. Oh what fun.
    In this state, if you don't like the weather, just wait a few hours. It is sure to change. Variety is the spice of life.

Attached Files: