What Time is it Gang ??

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Dec 10, 2013.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

That's right.....Its FRUIT CAKE SEASON. Now before someone says it " Only one Fruit Cake ever made, and its been getting passed around since then". Well if that were the case then I ATE IT A LONG, LONG, time ago. I LOVE EM !!

I hate it that they are a seasonal item. If anyone gets one and wants to get rid of it, SEND IT MY WAY ............ :D

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I'm with you, SWO1. ;)
    As I was growing up, my grandma in N.C. would send a Fruit Cake Tin every year. Love those things. I'm thinking maybe the 3 pound can????
    By today's standard, I like the Hickory Farms Golden Fruit Cake the best. Not so fond of the ones that have Pectin or Orange Peel. At any rate, they are getting more expensive with each passing year. I may buy a couple anyway, just for traditional reasons.
    SWO1, If you get overloaded with re-gifted fruit cakes, keep me in mind. :D

3. SWO1

My mother, bless her heart, gets me one every year. It comes in a box that looks to be about 4-5lbs. But it weighs, I swear what seems like 100lbs ....... :eek: Its so rich I can only eat a small piece at a time. They are packed full of everything you could think of. Come to think of it, should be getting it soon ...... :p Think I will stroll on down there and ask if she has ordered it yet ........ :rolleyes:

4. SWO1

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Man!! I was hoping I was the only one who knew how good fruitcake really is! I can't vet enough.

6. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Fruitylicious

I like it too. And you know what they say...you are what you eat....Gumpy.:D

7. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

Is it true they are ALL made in California? ;)

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I can't stand them!!!! Give me sugar cream pie any day.

9. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I would always receive one from a distant aunt and wonder why she disliked me.

10. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

That's hilarious. My grand mother always gave me 1 as a kid and I always thought " Are you kidding me??? Again???"