What to Buy?

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by 28Shooter, Aug 17, 2012.

1. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

When it rains it pours! I have the opportunity to buy either a Belgian Browning BAR (the hunting rifle) in 30/06 or a 16 Gauge Remington Model 11 (looks like a Browning Humpback) in excellent condition with all the paper stuff including the hang tags - gun was made in the late '40s. I don't hunt much anymore but I do love to shoot the classics. I'm stymied as to what to do, both would be too much and probably result in a divorce of my untimely demise. What to do?

2. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

When buying and trading guns, the premier axiom is of course, "buy it now or regret it later". Well, I'm regretting now, the Remington sold this evening.

3. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Well, here is my vote (& opinion).
    A good wife is for a lifetime where-as guns come and they go. I try to keep my wife happy so I have someone to feed me my oatmeal in a few years. LOL
    As for my vote on the gun; Belgian Browning's are becoming more scarce and a 30-06 is a popular cartridge. As an investment, I would lean that way.
    I would guess that the Model 11 has a plain barrel. If it was a vent rib barrel like the Belgian Browning A-5 that I gave my son-in-law, it would interest me more.
    JMHO :))

Grey

4. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

+1 what Hawk said

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

I would have picked the BAR anyway...let us know if you pick it up !!

6. Windy

Windy Well-Known Member Supporting

I'm sorry. I hate that feeling. :(