when it rains it poors...

Discussion in 'Prayers and Well Wishes' started by oldbrass, Apr 6, 2013.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I started this new job doing heavy truck mechanics a few weeks ago,Thursday I blew my back and my foot swelled like a balloon..I had to leave work and went strait to my Docs..My lower vertebres are deteriorating and I have extremely high blood pressure..Got my back adjusted and gotta taske it easy for awhile. My BP was 140/122..put me on meds right away.
    Doc sais I can`t do this kind of work anymore or I`ll be in a wheel chair in 5 years (I`m only 50) Doc said my back was a blessing cause I was staring down the barrel of a stroke or heart attack soon due to high BP..Took Sandy to breakfast this morning and the clutch went out in my truck,I got the parts and My friend is bringin a tranny jack in the morning to help me out, The VA called friday and my disability claim is finally going thru..I don`t know what the good lord has planned for me but I`ll male it ok..Just gotta soldier up and drive on some how..wish me luck fellas

2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I have you on my prayer list! Keep me posted on new needs if you want to. The vertebrae are deteriorated in my lower back also. Had to have spinal fusion on June 2010 on the bottom 4/5 vertebrae. The thing was, it was so far gone that the bones would not fuse back together. It took 5 weeks to get my disability approved when I finally applied. No one would hire a 56 year old man with recent back surgery. My surgeon never did release me! Home Depot finally gave me a part time job about a month ago changing price tags for 4 hours a day. Makes me think I'm contributing to society again. I'm tellin you this to tell you to take care of your back and do as the Dr.'s say. I didn't and look where I am!!
    Again, any specific prayer concerns you have you can PM me if you want. Good luck!

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

4. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Prayers over luck any day

I know your havin a hard time. I have been through it and am still going through. Strength through prayer. Yours and mine too.

5. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Oldbrass, my prayers are with you. May God bless you and keep you in his loving grace.

6. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

oldbrass - Prayers for the meds to work & the pains to ease. Hopefully life will slow down or stop the "curve balls" at least till you get to a better state of health!

7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent. Back pain can take the wind out of your sails.
    My mom and both sisters have had multiple back surgeries. Runs in the family. Mine started at age 16 when I worked in a grocery store unloading trucks. I have avoided surgery through use of medication and a couple reliable chiropractors. I count that as a blessing.
    Been told that deterioration of the disc in the lower back is normal. Everyone has it. Some get the associated pain and some don't.
    Take care of yourself and I pray that all gets better soon.

8. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

Prayers Brother !

9. Gumpy

How are things going, oldbrass?

10. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Checked BP today 158/100 so much better. Not bad for a week of meds,hopefully it`ll get even better.
    If I can pass the physical I`m using my G.I. Bill to get A CDL. There`s a local carrier that loves vets (especially disabled) no loading or unloading and home every evening. My dad drove log truck for 33 years and loved it. I am my fathers son HAHA

11. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Glad to hear things are looking up again :D Hope the dock workers/forklift operators don't cause harm to you or your new company truck!

12. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that things are improving.

13. Gumpy

Keep up the fight! I'm glad you are improving. A sore back sucks a lot of the fun out of life!