Where are all the used Marlin 22LRs?

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by MattNH, Dec 15, 2014.

1. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Where are all the used Marlin 22LRs? FOUND ONE!

Stopped by 3 gun stores today and not a single used Marlin 22LR at any of them. One had a Revelation single shot bolt gun priced at $199. The guy heard me snicker while reading the tag and I put it right back down. I overheard them saying they bought it for $30 and agreed to reprice it to $99 as I was walking out the door. I'm not going back to that one.

The next local silent auction isn't until March. What am I gonna do? I need a project gun.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  2. rm_mdl60

rm_mdl60 Well-Known Member

Gun broker saw a few glenfields on there as well recently....theres a shop in londonderry and pelham ive been wanting to check out

3. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and if the one in Londonderry you're thinking of visiting rhymes with "crap-me" don't even bother. He's got a used Marlin 60 in there firmly priced at $149. But if you're a tactical black rifle or tactical pistol with a bayonet kind of guy, you have a tactical beard and you have your tactical underpants on, it may be worth the trip.

4. Truckman

Truckman Well-Known Member

Got mine from gunbroker. There's other auction sites too.

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I went to two pawnshops today in town. 7 in one, and 9 in the other.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

I picked up my first Marlin...a Model 80C, at a flea market waiting for the gun range to open one Sunday mornin' in Shamokin, Pennsylvania...and the other one, a Marlin Glenfield Model 60... I got gifted from my friend for helping him clean out this parents house when his mother passed away.

Never actually went out to buy a Marlin...they just come to me !!

7. rm_mdl60

@Matt...thanks for the heads up about that place...even though I built my own AR and have a beard I don't care much for places like that! I'll keep my eye out for .22's! Not many pawn shops up here carry guns wish more of them would!

8. Gumpy

My bad! They weren't marlins!!

9. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Wasn't trying to disparage, and if I wanted an AR I would build my own, like you did. I also have a beard. I'm just a little tired of the "tactical" branding. I much prefer walnut and steel. But that what makes the hunt for them fun.

Riley's has a single shot Remington Model 33 for $165. I have my great uncle's that he bought new in 1935, it the first gun I shot. Used it to teach my kids how to shoot a rifle. I also picked one up in the silent auction at Amoskeag earlier this year, also from 1935. I have 2, don't need another one, although I know what I'm getting, but $165 is too much, I would for a $100. Nice brown patina on the barrel, stock in good shape just flaking varnish. It's only $65 more than I would or should pay. But it's not a Marlin. I was going to stick to Marlin's.

10. rm_mdl60

$165 does sound a bit high though I don't blame for sticking with marlins! I got a few places I want to look at if I find any at a good price I'll share! Sounds funny but thats why I passed on the 10/22 turned me off when I started seeing all the tacticool stuff for it ! I even removed the plastic off my shotgun and added wood furniture!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  11. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

Prices at some pawn shops may settle down some after Christmas-rush shopping. Don't give up on the pawn shops - I've made some good purchases from a local shop. Mostly depends on how long they have had an item in store and want to move the inventory.

12. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Put a WTB on Armslist and get a email from a guy with a 60 and an 80G. He also a Kel-Tec something or other to sell, not interested in that. He can't meet during the day and I had a kid's band concert tonight and a basketball game tomorrow night. We agree on price based on his described condition and will meet Saturday afternoon. Get another email today, he may have a buyer for all 3 guns and I should call Saturday afternoon before meeting.

Simply replied: I'm not going to play that game. Please consider me no longer interested. Good luck with your sale.

That's what I wrote, not what I though.

That's actually the second time that has happed to me with a seller on Armslist. I was on the way to meet a guy and get a text saying "I sold it". I'm not looking on Armslist anymore, seems to be different class of people.

13. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I have found out going to pawn shops or gun shows looking for that one particular item doesn't always work.They never have what I'm looking for. Gunbroker would find you one

14. Truckman

Truckman Well-Known Member

Just search Marlin .22, there's a couple on there now under $100. If you click "price" on the green bar at the top, it will start at the lowest priced ones, instead of the default of starting at the soonest ending auctions.
    There's a single shot bolt action model 101, that looks real tempting, and a couple 60's under $100.
    Damn, I might start collecting Marlins!:cool:

15. rm_mdl60

I'm looking for a mag fed bolt action to complement my remlin 60 :) or maybe a mag fed semi auto depends on what I find really. I just did a deal on GB and it went pretty smoothly!

16. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

I lied, I looked at Armslist. A Marlin 80G gets listed for $150, gotta be the same one I had a deal for. Two days later it drops to $100. I email the guy and offer $80, we go back and forth, I then offer $150 for both, the Model 60 and the 80G he got from the guy with the Kel-Tec. I think that surprised him. He came back with $90 for the Model 80G. We met today and here she is. Needs a cleaning, has a little surface rust, but not bad for a 50 year old rifle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. rm_mdl60

18. Gumpy

Sweet
    ...........!

19. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

So the guy who sold me the 80G offered me the long mag tube, LSHO Model 60 for $75. I'm meeting him Friday to pick that one up too. Happy New Year everyone!

20. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

Sounds like you came out smelling like a black rose. I heard they smell like gun powder.lol