Who makes the best Firearms Safety Video ?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Bucky, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Remington's is pretty good.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. Rich1028

Rich1028 Well-Known Member

3. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

I would, but it came in the form of a Video tape, when I got my first Remington 700.
    I am at work now, and on night shift, and on an iPhone, so give me a couple of days and I will try an find a link
    Cheers Bucky

4. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

5. moparman1911

moparman1911 Well-Known Member

just bad..

I saw one where a black guy was giving the safety class and shot himself in the foot and hobbled around in extreme pain as not to lose face stayed then was getting dizzy from loss of blood and was carted out of there.but right before he shot himself he said his semi auto glock was unloaded.he never racked the slide,dropped the mag,put a light down it then boom he shot himself.by any means am i not making fun of this man or his injuries, but he even said himself right after he shot himself. A accident can happen anytime.don`t believe me, go on u tube.it is right on there.but unlike me taking his injuries and the gun going off accidently seriously, there are a thousand guys calling him a fool.at least no one got killed.i gave the man credit.he stayed while shot in the foot and bleeding when he should have gone to the hospital asap.but an accidental discharge is no joke. I am just stating on tape even a professional can have an accident..the video is on u tube anyone want to see it.

6. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Moparman , is that the guy giving the safety presentation to a bunch of kids ? The one saying something to the effect of " I'm the only one in this room qualified to handle this Glock " ? :eek:

7. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

That's the guy...

Open mouth, insert foot...oops...can't

8. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Safety Video

Well guess what ?

Tried to download this video, unfortunately it is in VHS tape format.
    Although I have the actual tape, I have nothing to actually play it or get it back into the puter, being in tape format.
    The writeup talks about "10 commandments" of safe and responsible shooting.
    If this is anything like the one on You tube, with that "Chic" then it is close to being good.

One different thing we do is hunt with the BOLT UP ! ( super safe)
    Not sure if that works in real cold climates, like your winters, but in snow here there is no problem with the bolt freezing.

9. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

This is the guy I was talking about :

[ame]http://youtu.be/AmRN00KbCr8[/ame]

10. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

One other thing !
    With the .444 Marlin, I have the hammer fully forward, and the lever open
    By about 1 inch, so it cannot go off, either
    I used to use the cross bolt, but lost a Sambar kill, as I brought up the rifle, cross hairs on the throat and squeezed, only to hear a click, and got honked at, but it was her calf I then shot for meat.

11. moparman1911

Yup

yes it is.the guy was very arrogant and the class was for youths. So he was spouting off and like i said.he never racked the slide,dropped the mag or put a light down it or even looked down it.he was spouting off about how he was only qualified and bam,a hole in his foot.instead of calling an ambulance he hobbled around in agony bleeding everywhere saying even a professional can make a mistake.he leaned against the desk and was turning pale and he was done and they brought him to the hospital.i am not taking away any of the seriousness of someone getting hurt. But if you watched the video, the guy was pointing the gun at the kids and instead of doing his task at hand and paying attention.he did not check and blew a big hole in his foot.the kids all laughed at him the more he hobbled around and after a while he could barely talk he was in so much pain.what a shame.

12. moparman1911

That`s him

that`s him.that is the tape and safety course.you got it.