Williams peep sight

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by FOUR4D4, Jul 1, 2012.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I have a Winchester Trapper that I'm going to be putting a Williams peep sight on any on have any experience with these?

2. FOUR4D4

are they really worth $80

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Four, i have never personally used them, but over the years, i have heard many glowing reccomendations on their products. i think that if it works, is of high quality and and meets your needs, then it is probably worth the $80.

4. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

I don't know about $80...but the Williams 5D is about $35 at Midway and certainly worth the money. I have one on a Win. 94 and another on a Marlin 336. For use on a short barrel Trapper it should be just fine out to 100yds or so.

5. FOUR4D4

Did you have to change the front sight to?

6. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

FOUR4D4....Yes and No. I did have to change the front sight on the Marlin, but the Win 94 worked out 'as is'. I don't know how it will work on your trapper. My Winchester had a long barrel and a pretty tall front sight. The Marlin needed a taller front sight.

7. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

Hey Four, I don't know about that $80 dollar version, but I put a "Williams" reciever peep ($35) on my Model 375(336) and I did have to change the front sight, went with a "Williams" .406"x.340" with a 3/32" gold bead. A very nice and easy job, took 10 minutes. 4"-5" groups at 100yds off hand with a sling. Those are 4" dots.

Attached Files:

8. aka

aka Well-Known Member

I think I need a taller front sight for mine as well.

9. FOUR4D4

I think with the 16" shorter barrel a taller front sight is needed

10. wjjones

wjjones Well-Known Member

Is there anything like the 5D I can get for a 22 model 60, or 795?

11. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

Is the 60/795 drilled & tapped? the peep on my marlin fits in the factory tapped holes.

12. aka

aka Well-Known Member

FourD I have mine on a 22" barrel

13. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

I have a Williams FP on an 1895CB. It's the model that installs in the rear scope holes instead of side mount like your Win would likely require. I don't think I paid $80 but I got it several years ago.

On the CB it didn't require a taller front sight but the barrel is pretty large diameter and long. I haven't installed an FP on a shorter barrel rifle so I don't know what the dimensions would do to your POI. Williams customer service people are pretty good so a call to them might give you a definitive answer. Actually, the FP fits so low on my CB that I could install a Green Mountain style front sight that was much lower than the stock .500" front.

One thing, if you do get the FP and intend to shoot varying power loads I recommend getting the target knob for the elevation adjustment. It makes elevation changes much faster and easier than using a screwdriver.

I do have a Williams WGRS peep for a 336 but removed it in favor of a scope project. I don't think the WGRS will fit all Wins but the Williams site or customer service could tell you. The WGRS will definitely need a taller front sight on any Marlin of the 1894, 336, 1895 models.