Winchester Firearms

Discussion in 'Other Marlin Rifles' started by SHOOTER13, Jan 24, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

This is my Winchester 1894 lever action carbine chambered for the .30WCF cartridge. She was manufactured in 1977 and is a top eject model.

[​IMG]

The Winchester Model 1894 was the first commercial repeating rifle built to be used with smokeless powder. The 1894 was originally chambered to fire 2 metallic black powder cartidges, the .32-40 Winchester and .38-55 Winchester. In 1895 Winchester went to a different steel composition for rifle manufacturing that could handle higher pressure rounds and offered the rifle in .25-35 Winchester and .30-30 Winchester. The .30-30 Winchester, or .30WCF (Winchester Centerfire), is the cartridge that has become synonymous with the Model 1894.

2. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

my winchester SXP Defender 12ga shotgun. very sweet shooting gun, of all the shotguns i own, this one is the wife's favorite one to shoot!

Attached Files:

3. SHOOTER13

4. PackinPreacher

PackinPreacher Well-Known Member

I'll offer mine to the conversation - 1941 .30 WCF.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SHOOTER13

Awesome...it's been awhile since I've seen a barrel that actually has 30WCF inscribed on it.

6. PackinPreacher

PackinPreacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. I think that it's pretty cool. Thanks.

7. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

while browsing at the the gun store the other morning when i was picking up my pistol, i spied a Winchester M94AE in 30-30 in the used gun rack. well i have been wanting a another 30-30 to put back into the collection, so i gave it a look over. it has the birch wood stocks, no checkering, the crossbolt safety, and i believe it's the Ranger model o the M94. looking over the insides, it appeared it has been never fired. still had dried packing grease inside of it! it looks as if someone bought it, put it in a safe and just forgot about it. overall condition was very good with very minor marks on the buttstock and one small wear mark on the top middle of the barrel. well the price tag said $299, and i knew this one was going to go home with me! i told the Archie, the owner of the gun store to make me a good deal on it, and i would buy it. he sold it to me for $260 + tax. IMO, i feel i made a pretty decent deal on a rifle that i have been want to get. i will post some pictures of it later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  8. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Winchester Lever Action rifles.

winchester lever actions are great shooting and very nostalgic rifles. i have always had a love of them, since i was very young and watched old westerns with my grandfather. he liked westerns and his favorite was, Gunsmoke. winchester lever actions, just like the colt SAA pistol, seem to be the firearms associated with western movies and tv programs. we know that there were many more and different firearms than just these two, but they personify the west!

Attached Files:

9. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

That's the most unusual set of birch stocks I've seen on a rifle axxe. Usually they almost look like plastic with wood look. I love the diagonal grain change on the buttstock.

10. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

see the difference now! i stripped the finish and restained the wood. i do like it better, but i might redo them again to see if i can get them a little bit darker in color.

Attached Files:

11. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I was in the local shop yesterday and he had a Winchester 94 Big Bore in .375 Winchester in the used rack. I looked at it and that big bore tied to that little carbine just said "sore shoulder". Anybody have experience with one of these?

12. Trez

Trez Member

What use to be my Winchester 1895.. in .30 US

107_5429 [640x480].jpg

13. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I've got a Winchester 250...
    [​IMG]

14. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Wrenchester made leverguns :eek:
    Who knew ?

Oh ya , I remember funny looking things they are
    ( is there a sarcasm smiley I can use before I get smacked upside the head )

This old girl cried and cried to get back to the woods last fall . Hated to see a girl over a century old cry. She got some fresh air , person carting her old butt around couldn't get a deer in front of her , but I think she enjoyed at least getting out in the woods.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Then there is that really funny looking one .

Dang carry handle and all on a levergun :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Guntrainer

Guntrainer New Member

[​IMG]

My vintage 1894 has harvested a trainload of venison. Blood really messes up the blue.

The 35 Marlin will out shoot it, and has a lot more horsepower. It will drop a Tennessee buck like a bad habit, but the Winnie doesn't seem to mind another blood spot or scratch from briars. :D

17. Rich1028

Rich1028 Well-Known Member

here's my winchester 94 pre '64

[​IMG]

Wifes Marlin is below it
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012