WTB: 8MM Mauser Bolt

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Gumpy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

i NEED A BOLT FOR A 8MM mauser. Straight or bent, either will do.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
  2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I dont have one did you check gunbroker or armslist

3. Gumpy

I've checked several places like Numericks(??sp) Buds, and a few more. They think they all have the last one. I'm hopeing that someone has one laying around and tired of looking at it11 lol

4. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

have you tried midway usa?

Midway USA MAY have a bolt. I know they have quite a few parts.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Brownells may also...

6. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

There are usually quite a few Mauser parts on ebay.

7. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Can I crash the thread and inquire what a fella would do with a bent bolt ??

Curiosity is my weak point.....

8. duster066

You need what is called a bent bolt to use a scope. The straight bolt lever wont clear. I'm not sure if a purpose built bent bolt is made, but there are several ways to modify a straight bolt lever to clear a scope.

Have I learned enough about Mausers to get that right guys??:confused:

9. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I see, well I learn something everyday around here !!

10. duster066

My straight bolt is all that is stopping me from putting a scope on my Mauser. I have so much stuff going these days I haven't gotten around to cutting and welding my lever to clear. I'd like to get a scope on mine to see just how good that old barrel is.

11. Gumpy

From what I have read, there are aftermarket bolts made as 'bent' bolts, but they are pricey. An old gunsmith that lives next door said he knows how to heat them and do it. He showed me two on a couple of his guns and they looked real good. This guy has more guns than an armory!!

12. duster066

I was thinking I could submerge the bolt in water and heat the lever only for bending. Is that how he does it?

13. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

bolt for scope clearance

I sportered a Mauser Model 24/47 (straight bolt) many years ago, I had a smith cut the straight bolt off and weld on a Rem model 700 bolt, I got it from Midway for about $10 bucks I think, the cut and weld job was $30 bucks, the drill & tap of the reciever was $60 bucks.
    firearms 067.jpg

Attached Files:

14. duster066

Beautiful gun. I've reviewed the procedure to cut and weld mine. It's pretty straight forward, but I'm lazy and my 24/47 is really an old beater, so I like the heat and bend idea since I'm sure I can do a credible job. I'm thinking I could mount the receiver in the action tool, heat the lever with the bolt submerged in water to save it, and then put it in the receiver to bend it. I really love shooting the gun. The Yugo ammo is way cheaper than 30-06 and the Mauser is easier on the shoulder. That reminds me there is something I need for it. I'll make a thread.

15. Gumpy

I didn't ask him how he did it, but I will find out! I know he doesn't cut and weld tho.

That is a beautiful gun Tahoe2!!!

16. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator