Marlin Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have a Marlin 1895S, S/N 19069XXS that I've owned for 40+ year, and shot an awful lot of deer with. :)

I am now getting a 'light strike' on primer on casing and looks like the rear FP is out of alignment?

Is this problem with firing pin parts - like the rear FP - or FP spring?

I've looked at exploded parts diagrams on the web, ad looks like there are 3 of the possible problem parts:

Firing pin - front & rear, and FP spring.

Guess I'd just be 'throwing parts at it' by just replacing all three (3) parts w/o knowing exactly what's wrong. but I've looked at several parts companies, and most all of them are saying the parts are 'obsolete'?

So, first off any thought on which of these parts are causing the problem, second - which should be replaced and third - any idea where I could get them/one?

Appreciate your accumulated knowledge, and would really like to get your input on my issue.

Let me know.

Thanks & best regards.

Lfryklu

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have you checked Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) yet? Also, hate to mention it, but that's the 1st place I would look, but have you removed the bolt & soaked it in a solvent to remove any sludge or fouling that could be impeding the movement of the firing pin?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) yet? Also, hate to mention it, but that's the 1st place I would look, but have you removed the bolt & soaked it in a solvent to remove any sludge or fouling that could be impeding the movement of the firing pin?
Hi,

Appreciate your reply.

Yes, Numrich was checked - parts obsolete.

Not taken bolt apart yet... was anticipating taking apart & replacing parts at same time.

Will proceed with bolt disassembly to see how that looks.

Hopefully that will be all it is.

Thanks for your input.

Best regards,

Lfryklu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts