Registered
582 Posts
The muzzle sweeps and trigger discipline made me cringe

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The muzzle sweeps and trigger discipline made me cringe

They didn't worry much about gun safety back then .Not in till the schools of the 1950s

Picture circa 1956

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey 4,

Great "Training Film" of yesteryear!

Yep, they did things different......then.

Quite the forerunner to "Hogan's Alley"!

Later, Mark

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a thin line some where, between shall not be infringed and safety

:eek:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey 4,

If you do just a bit of looking, you will find that the Army has had many men killed...........in the "butts" (of the rifle ranges), working/scoring targets.

Tragedy, for all concerned.

Fortunately, the Shooting Community has "learned" from some of these "accidents".

Shooting is still much safer.............than going to visit..........the Doctor.

(Deaths from "Medical Mis Adventure", are about 450,000/yr)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I qualified with the 1911 in '69, the Army was still teaching standing off-hand. The old sarge used to say it was the only place where putting your, (non-shooting), hand in your pocket was OK. Range safety had come a long way since this film too. Muzzles up, and down range. Fingers off the trigger till on target and ready to fire.

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
It's a wonder I lived this long...my brothers and I would go to the hardware store and buy gun power...load it into all types of toys and devices to blow up...set the delayed fuse ( lit match inside a book of matches or string )...and RUN FOR OUR LIVES... :eek:

When we finally got firearms and appreciated that the rules of firearm safety must be followed...well, we finally learned our lesson. ;)

{ But...it WAS fun while it lasted } :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,169 Posts
I still have a habit of using my weak hand to "cup" the grip in order to provide more support while shooting. it is hard to grip properly after years of bad habits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts