1911 Type Pistols or Clones

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by axxe55, Jan 25, 2012.

1. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

SA Loaded Micro Compact 45

well here are some pictures of my SA Micro Compact 45 that i had been trying to pick up for a couple of months. well last friday morning i had a little bit of free time and things were going smoothly, so i went and picked it up. here are a couple of pictures of it. got to shoot it some sunday, and i noticed it had just a bit more felt recoil than my full size, but still controllable. even the wife shot a few rounds and liked it. i ordered a set of reloading dies in 45 the other day as now with two pistols in the same caliber, it just makes more sense now to start reloading this caliber.

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Real nice SA Micro...!!

3. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Very nice Micro Compact 45.
    Gaterskiner has a very nice Rock River Arms 1911 as well.
    I really like the Dual Tone or Stainless.
    Too bad that my eye problems won't allow me to truly enjoy shooting them. Doesn't keep me from enjoying them when I see them and it brings back fond memories.
    :)

Grey

4. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

thanks guys! it is truly a sweet shooting pistol and will probably become one of my favorites. but i say that about every gun i own!

okay, here's an informal poll. keep the stock grips or replace with aftermarket and what would your suggestions be. i am open to ideas.

5. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

I Love these thing called guns:)

6. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

they are great aren't they? i like buying them, shooting them, reloading for them, and just looking and talking about them.

7. leper65

leper65 New Member

Here a few of my Dan Wesson 1911's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

axxe55 wrote: "okay, here's an informal poll. keep the stock grips or replace with aftermarket and what would your suggestions be. i am open to ideas."

I like the originals myself...but if it was mine, I'd add a pair of OD VZ grips...

http://vzgrips.com/

9. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

steve, nice looking 1911's! very nice!

shooter, i really like the factory grips, as they do look nice, but if i change them, it's going to some really nice looking grips that set off the two tone of the pistol. the VZ grips are nice but way more tactical.

10. greyhawk50

That's a nice collection of DWs.
    Got'a love them 1911's. Even the clones.
    Thanks for sharing.

11. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

grey, the 1911's are one of my favorites, as they are just classic and a time proven design that just simply works. i am a better with some of my other pistols, but my 1911's are my favorite to shoot. they are addictive and once you own one, your are already looking for the next one to add to your collection! one i would really like to add, is one in 38 Super. probably not the most practical of calibers, but one i would really enjoy owning and shooting.

12. greyhawk50

My favorite handguns have always been the 1911 style, Beretta M9 style and Walther PPK style, in that order.
    My favorite rifles are Lever Actions.
    This may constitute a conflict of interest. Classic military vs classic Western. :confused: Although I like all things about guns, I could never get comfortable with Single Action Revolvers. I like the looks but they just didn't feel right in my hands.
    Does this mean that I have a split personality or maybe a short circuit in the gray matter? :confused:
    Guess that makes me a gun nut?

13. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

grey, i am partial to bolt action centerfires, but have a couple of semi auto rifles and a lever action too. i like semi auto pistols, the 1911 style has always been my favorite, but i also like revolvers too. i am partial to O/U shotguns but have more pump shotguns, as O/U's are usually pretty pricey.

i guess i do just like firearms in general and enjoy shooting and working on them. i like reloading and reading about firearms and cartridges too. if you're a gun nut, then so am i !!

14. greyhawk50

I too am partial to O/U shotguns but I am recoil sensitive. I've added the Stoeger Condor 20 ga. to my want list. That may or may not happen.
    I shot Trap for about 8 years and settled on a Beretta Semi-Auto. I tried a Browning BT99 and a Browning Citori for awhile but found out that after 50+ rounds, my sensitivity would cause me to flinch and it adversely affected my score. Even with the Beretta, I prefer 1 oz. loads when possible.

15. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

grey, i have the Condor in 12ga O/U and really like it well enough that i would like to add a 20ga to keep it company! i have owned a couple of the Browning Citori's in the past and would own another if they weren't so expensive, damn fine shotguns IMO.

16. FOUR4D4

Heres my Ruger Mark III its designed after the 1911 notice the grips the gun will take 1911 grips

[​IMG]

17. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

dang Four, you been in my gun cabinet again?:eek::D

Attached Files:

18. FOUR4D4

19. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Four, did you just get that one? i got mine last year and have already put over 1500 rounds through it. even the wife likes shooting it from time to time.

20. FOUR4D4

My wife bought me that for Christmas. I have 200 round through her.How did you do on learning to field strip that gun?