1911 Type Pistols or Clones

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by axxe55, Jan 25, 2012.

1. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

the instructions in the owners manual. in the back there is section on how to tear it down for cleaning. the first couple of times, it seems difficult, but gets easier everytime there after. follow the directions to the letter as it does make a lot of difference in whether it works when put back together. or like me, have to tear it down and start all over.

2. mesinge2

mesinge2 Well-Known Member

Some nice 1911s here!!!

These are some of mine:

S&W E-Series 5" :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SA 4" barrel Officer's frame:
    [​IMG]

Colt Combat Elite:
    [​IMG]

3. mesinge2

Some more:

Colt Gold Cup Trophy:
    [​IMG]

Colt Anniversary model:
    [​IMG]

Thompson WW2 Commemorative:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. mesinge2

Again some more:

Kimber Stainless TLE II:
    [​IMG]

Para-Ord 7.45 LDA:
    [​IMG]

5. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Mesinge2, some very nice 1911's! the 1911 is probably one of my favorite pistol designs ever.

here's my new American Classic Commander. about two months ago, i ordered a RIA Commander from my gun dealer. well yesterday afternoon, he called and left a message that my pistol had come in. well this afternoon i drove over to his shop and low and behold, look at what came in! it wasn't the RIA, as he couldn't get any at this time, but got me this Commander in dull chrome finish. cost a little more, but she's worth it it in the long run. heres a couple of pictures.

Attached Files:

6. R.Ph. 380

R.Ph. 380 Well-Known Member

Metro Arms makes a nice Officer sized called the Amigo. Here's mine:

HPIM4488.jpg

HPIM4489.jpg

7. mesinge2

I love the hammer design on those guns! I have been looking for a commander sized one for a while but the shops around me don't seem to carry them. :(

8. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Mesinge2, the best source for parts for 1911 type pistols is Brownell's or MidwayUSA. i use both of them with great satisfaction. great service, decent prices, and fast shipping.

here are my other two 1911's. the two-toned is a Springfield Armory Micro Compact Loaded 45. i changed out the ambi safety to a single sided and replaced the slide stop to an extended version. for such a short barrel, ( 3" ), it shoots pretty dang accurate.

the other is my Remington R1 Enhanced. i am very pleased with it so far. i wanted one of the new Ruger SR1911's, but due to availability, just not going to happen right now. the R1 is very accurate!

Attached Files:

9. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

RPH380, nice looking pistol. personally i have found the MetroArms 1911's to be very good pistols. my Commander is the second one. if you search some of my older posts in the 1911 thread, you will find one of my first American Classic II. i traded it to a very close long time friend for a SA XD 45 compact, NIB, but i only had it about a week and used it to trade for the Remington R1 Enhanced. my next 1911 that i have planned for buying is going to be one chambered in 38 Super.

10. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Update to my 1911 Commander.

well i have new grips on the way for my Remington R1, so i transfered those to my new Commander. decided to dull the chrome finish down some and do a little tuning. changed out the thumb safety and the slide release to matte finished ones instead. check out the before and after pictures.

Attached Files:

11. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I love those 1911. :D Always have had a soft spot for them. And now, some of the newer models out class the old gov. models. They are all pretty.
    :p Problem is, they look a little strange paired with a lever gun. No matter, they look great standing all by themselves. ;)

Grey

12. moparman1911

moparman1911 Well-Known Member

kimber 1911`s amonst others

here are a couple of my 1911`s here are a couple pics

Attached Files:

• 049.jpg
      049.jpg
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
    • 050.jpg
      050.jpg
      File size:
      29.3 KB
      Views:
    • 048.jpg
      048.jpg
      File size:
      35.6 KB
      Views:
    • 051.jpg
      051.jpg
      File size:
      27 KB
      Views:
    • 046.jpg
      046.jpg
      File size:
      27.9 KB
      Views:
  13. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc Active Member

Kimber

Here is my Kimber Custom. I have an Auto Ordnance but I have it in pieces:D So I wasn't going to take a pic of Parts;)

Attached Files:

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Awesome lookin' 1911a1's gentlemen... !!

15. moparman1911

ammo

those are glasier powerball ammo in 165 grain if i am correct going a bit over 1,100.i have these bullets in all my 1911`s.devastating

16. mesinge2

That's what they are. They leave an impressive hole in testing media. I figure it's a 40 cal bullet weight, a 9mm velocity, and a 45 cal diameter. What's not to like?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  17. moparman1911

powerball

you know what i really like them for also with the polymer tip they always feed.slide right in,no matter how some of my different 1911`a are sprung they feed and eject flawlessly and are absolutely basass.

18. vic

vic Member

image-118314345.jpg

Bought a pair of Rugers bonded ivory grips, the cocabola is what came on the gun

Ruger SR 1911

19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Very nice Ruger 1911 vic !