1911 Type Pistols or Clones

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by axxe55, Jan 25, 2012.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

2. mesinge2

mesinge2 Well-Known Member

I like the Ivory medallion grips!!

I am partial to medallion grips myself:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. vic

vic Member

Very sweet 1911's

4. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

here are some of my before and after shots of my latest 1911.

American Classic Commander. hard chrome finish. did some minor modifications to the triggerguard by undercutting it, countersunk the slide release pin hole, beveled all hard edges by smoothing them. bead blasted and refinished the metal added new grips, SS grip screws, recontoured the grip safety, new slide release lever, new thumb safety.

Attached Files:

5. DUTCHS

DUTCHS Well-Known Member Supporting

Since I have a M1A from Sprinfield coming I figured I would stick with Sprinfield for my 1911, The Range officer IMO is the best 1911 for the money on the market. I just love it.

1225121046.jpg

6. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

the RO is a very nice pistol indeed! and what you get for the price is definately a bargain.

i have owned many SA 1911's over the years and my very first 1911 was a SA i bought over 25 years ago. SA makes some really nice pistols.

7. spelunker

spelunker Member

Bought a Sig 1911-22 this fall. Wanted a pistol but didn't need big cal and wanted to save $ on ammo. Been a fun gun

8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

What grips do people perfer on the 1911. smooth or diamond cut?

9. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Gentlemen, I am officially eating my heart out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll got some cool stuff!!!!! :p

10. mesinge2

Another new 1911- 45 ACP SIG Nightmare Bobtail Commander

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I'm with you Gumpy.
    My wrist are so ate up with tendonitis that the recoil of the 45 is uncomfortable but if these guys keep posting these pictures, I may have to buy one.
    1911 is my all time favorite pistol. Can't go wrong with over 100 years of proven success. Besides that, the newer ones are sooo pretty.

12. s1120

s1120 Active Member

Here is mine. It was left to me by my Dad. It is a WWII era Remington Rand that was adapted to Bullseye shooting back in the early 60's. He used it till the early 70's when it was set aside for a GoldCup. Shes a little loose, and sloppy, and its getting pretty old, so I don't shoot it much. Its a little glimpse into how these old war time 1911's were just old guns back in the day. Noone would ever mod one like that now!!!

Attached Files:

13. mesinge2

I figured that if consistency is key then a SIG 1911 Commander bobtail for carry (post 70) and a SIG 1911 Railed Commander with a Laser/Light for home defense is perfect.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]