Marlin Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won this 336 on gunbroker last night, paid a good price for my area!
What model is it? I'm thinking the 336C, what do you think?
ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1411997309.700324.jpg
ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1411997343.797024.jpg
ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1411997362.650661.jpg
ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1411997379.771941.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Congratulations.
I agree. Looks like a 336C. Very nice rifle. Thanks for sharing.
Will give you many years of enjoyment.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
I'm a thinkin a W ...... difference in the models are stock, trigger. They all have the same receiver, barrel. I have only owned the W's and they shot just as good as the Fancy models. Im sure there are other with more knowledge than me who can say for sure.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Assuming a 20" barrel, the bullseye and gold trigger lead me to believe it a "W" as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the imput guys, I figured the c or w but not to sure . It has the 20" barrel, gold trigger and looks to me a walnut stock.
I have the Remmymarlin but I wanted a pre- safety, real Marlin!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Another vote for a "C". I believe that all of the "W" models are fitted with Birch stocks while the "C" is fitted with Walnut. All of the C models that I have owned had hard plastic butt plates and grip caps with white line spacers, I had one W and I believe that it had a brown rubber butt pad and no grip cap. I traded it off a few years ago but I believe that is right. Both had barrel bands but I don't remember if the sights were the same or not.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The "C' was 1969-1983, what year is yours?

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
My 77 336 has NO model roll mark. another one I looked at at the LGS, a 56 dosnt either, but they are both .35 Remys. The older one at the LGS is a T model with the straight stock. It has spacers, fancy stock work, black trigger, and the bullseye.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Based on the serial number in the pic 25xxxxxxx, it's a 1975. If walnut stock, a 336C. Sweet!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is Sweeet,, Matt thanks for looking that up.
What a find !,
I've been looking around here for a while. Just couldn't find one
So I decided to try gunbroker, you really have to get a good deal
To make it worth with the shipping and all,
I'll get back to ya, running out of power, Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Marlin Forum

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Here is my roll marked 336. It also is a Texan but not marked with the T. If memory serves me right, it is a 1981. It has the straight stock, 18.5" barrel and curly maple stock. And it is a 30-30.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is my roll marked 336. It also is a Texan but not marked with the T. If memory serves me right, it is a 1981. It has the straight stock, 18.5" barrel and curly maple stock. And it is a 30-30.
I remember you talking about this 336 T in another thread.
Bigthumbsup!!!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Damn Greyhawk,
That's a beautiful rifle, love the grain in the wood.
Real Nice!
Thank you.
I have a son that lives in Montgomery Al. When I was at his home last December, I promised this rifle to him. The next time I see him, this rifle will have a new home. I'm sure that he will enjoy it as much as I have.
""Oh, the joy of giving."

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very nice looking rifle! Did it take a month for you to get it? I've never bought any guns on-line that I had to have shipped, I've only done face to face. Is it normal to take four weeks? Or are you just getting around to posting pics? Just curious as I have no experience shipping firearms.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts