36X scope for .22

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by SWO1, Feb 9, 2014.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Ordered a BSA 36X 44MM Target scope today from Natchez. @ $54.99 seemed like a pretty good deal. I will mount it on the Savage Mk II and shoot off the bench at 50 yards. Presently I have a Simmons 24X which is OK but My eyes could use more POWER ..... :p

1/8 MOA clicks on the windage and elevation turrets. Finger adjustable “reset to zero” knobs let you change elevation and windage in precise 1/8 MOA click adjustments. The capless knobs have large easy to read numbers, and are oversized so they can be manipulated even when wearing gloves. They have three piece objective lens systems for sharper resolution, better color and less distortion. The come in shadow black finish. Included are two (3” & 5”) sunshades that can be screwed together if you need to shoot almost directly into the sun. Screw on metal dust caps standard. Adjustable focus ring keeps your reticle always looking sharp even if wearing glasses. Super smooth focusing. The tracking cells which holds the lenses, fit into the tube with absolute minimum tolerances. They won’t shift under recoil so your point of impact won’t either. • 3” & 5” sunshade and screw-on dust covers • Fully multi-coated optics • Fine cross hair 1/8 M.O.A. dot reticle • Matte Finish

Attached Files:

2. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

SWO1 I have a simmons 4x on my MarkII, it shoots ok for plinkin accuracy. Let us know how the new scope compares...Happy shooting..

3. SWO1

Last time I ordered from Natchez it was 5-6 days for delivery. Gonna be in the 60s by Sunday so hope its here by then. I have a fore arm plate made and redid the front rest to hold the wider plate. Just hoping it will hold good groups at 50 as it did at 25 yards. I have info for ordering a trigger kit that is quaranteed to adjust down to under 16 oz. Also I am considering the Boyds Tactical stock. A better design for bench than the thumb hole.

4. SWO1

Good news. got a shipment E-mail from Natchez.

Ordered on 9th
    Shipped on 10
    Tracking via Fed X show arrived in Springfield, Mo 0414 on 12th (this morning)
    Loaded on truck for delivery @ 0717

Fedx and UPs show up around late afternoon here. Im on the back end of delivery routes.

36 high for today, in the upper 40s tomorrow. Still a lot of snow on the ground so probley wont get to shoot until weekend. but will mount and be ready to go @ 50 yards. Have 4 or 5 more brands of .22 to test also. So far the Aquila Super Extra and Eley Edge are the best (one hole 5 shot groups at 25 yards. After picking 1 or 2 will see what the consistency is for 25 shots on a standard 50 yard small bore target.

Attached Files:

5. SWO1

FEDX showed up at 1600. No wonder shipping was high ($17), the box was big enough for scope, gun, front rest and still had room ....... :rolleyes:

My Simmons 24X is 40MM and JUST BARELY clears the barrel with high rings, this one is 44MM and front bell sits on the barrel. Will have to get a pair of EXTRA HIGH RINGS tomorrow to mount. I thought it would and should have gotten them already. If it aint one thing its another. Had to use an improvised cheek rest for the old one, will have to nail on a 2X4 to the top of the stock comb for this one ....... :p

6. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Watch those splinters with that 2x4 cheek pad SWO1. :D

7. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Well-Known Member

I like that scope Would you recommend that scope for a Model 60.

8. SWO1

To be honest ..... NO. And not because of the rifle. Fixed power Target scopes have a very small FOV and are suited for fixed/known distance. Your only adjustment is the focus bell and if the distance changes (even 5 yards) usually requires a focus change. I shoot a 3X9 44MM on my 60. I hesitate to recommend optics as every ones eyes are different. As example Leopolds are all fuzzy and not clear to me. Are they good scopes, yes but NOT FOR ME. But for hunting and general plinking a variable wide angle is better I think. On this one FOV at 100 yds is only 3'.

9. SWO1

The 36X is on and sighted in. Have a DIY Fore End Plate on. On order is an Apachee Trigger Kit. After the trigger kit is in will shoot and see how it does with the Factory Stock ( 1.2lbs of weight added to butt stock ) Depending on results next up could be a Sinclair Fore End Plate and a Boyds Tactical Stock ( unfinished ). Am thinking about finishing the stock in BLACK LAQUAR. Also with the stock will have to have the DIP bottom metal which consists of the Metal Trigger Guard and Mag plate.

Attached Files: