Marlin Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
16" would have had the front band touching the sight. Thought it better to leave A bit of room. It would have been 16.000001 otherwise.

Got it from the scrap gun pile at A pawnshop. They only sell these for parts. He only sold it to me because I have bought A few from him before and promised not to fire it as it was.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Didn't even think about the front band. Guess I didn't pay enough attention to the photo. The shorties typically have the forend cap instead of a barrel band. I guess one could have gone with a dovetailed front sight and skip the ramp to get it shorter without converting everything on the front end to the cap style.

Regardless, a very nice salvage job Gater. And a 444 to boot. That's the way I'd like to get my hands on a 444.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I wish you guys would stop with all these cool calibers. I looked this one up last night, AND NOW THERE IS ANOTHER GUN ON MY WISH LIST! What a cool cartridge. It would work real nice in my neck of the woods.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.