Marlin Forums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Registered
760 Posts
I think people that think they just can't afford to buy a gun should check the RI revolvers out. RI seems to be like Ruger in that they have a really good warranty and service dept.
So you are saying the old time 38 special loads were actually hotter than the present come factory loads now or were even hotter than present day +P? Or was that just the ammo for police use was loaded hotter back in the days of common 38 special being the main caliber used?

· Registered
760 Posts
Thanks for the info on the +P. I do know when shooting the +P they sure do have a noticeable greater power to them over the 38 special. LOL at your black op rocks and sticks. Perhaps the power of the 38 special was lowered for liability reasons as well as the +P extra $$.
I saw a comment about buying a used S&W model 10 for about the same money as a RI 206. I checked out gunbroker just to see if I could buy an old Smith 10 for $250. There were a few listed for around that price but most were not in very good condition. So buy a new RI 206 or 200 and get a warranty for life could end up being a better deal but then considering the Smith will always be worth more is another consideration.
Like I need another revolver! I think I will just stay outside and window shop. I get to learn more about guns and keep the $$ in my wallet this way.
Back to your OP do most of the shooters at the Rock Slide comment on accuracy of the guns?

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.