80G and 60 refurbish

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by MattNH, Jan 24, 2015.

1. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Crap, the last shot hold open lever is broken. It didn't work when I got it, but it was so dirty and the spring was off. I just put it back in the receiver and still didn't work, had to take a different 60 apart to compare.

Midway is out, Brownells is too expensive. Found one on eBay, buy it now with shipping $9.45. My $75 gun is now an $85 gun, then up to $110 because I also ordered the Williams 70742 fiber optic sight set. Oh well.

[​IMG]

2. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Beautiful man.....very nice work...I really like it when these shooters are resurrected and brought back to life

3. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Another snow day today, so I put the 80G back together. I added sling swivels and I put the original trigger guard back on, but I have a Marlin 100 style on order form Numerich, just hasn't shipped yet.

Originally:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

5. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Nice! Man that grain really pops in the stock now. Good job!

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Very nice. Job well done. Like the finish on the wood.

7. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

The replacement last shot hold open lever arrived along with the Williams fiber optic sight set, so the 60 is back together.

There must be 2 styles of lsho levers, my broken one was held on with an E clip where it passed through the side plate. The post of the one I received is shorter where it goes through the side plate. It's in there, but not held in place with the clip. I had to trim the ejector/lifter spring a bit to stop it from rubbing on the lsho lever. It functions fine so I'll leave it.

Original, wasn't in bad shape outside, but filthy inside.
    [​IMG]

After, Minwax Gunstock stain and Tung Oil finish. Not much different in the pics but looks really nice in person. The grain is pretty nice on this pedestrian Birch stock.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]