Marlin Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a pic of my Yugoslavian AKMS ( 7,62x39mm ) manufactured by Zastava Arms in the city of Kragujevac, in modern day Serbia.

TECHNICAL DATA

Assault Rifle M70AB2
Calibre (mm) 7,62x39
Twist rate (mm) 240
Number of grooves 4

Weight (kg)
Weapon 4.04
Magazine, empty (30 rounds) 0.36

Length (mm)
Weapon with folded stock 900
Barrel 415

Mechanical Features
Type of fire- Semi-Auto
Operation- Gas operated
Locking system- Rotating bolt

Muzzle velocity (m/s) 720
Rate of fire (rounds/min.) 620
Maximum effective range (m) 300

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ak platform.

Below is a pic of my Yugoslavian AKMS ( 7,62x39mm ) manufactured by Zastava Arms in the city of Kragujevac, in modern day Serbia.

TECHNICAL DATA

Assault Rifle M70AB2
Calibre (mm) 7,62x39
Twist rate (mm) 240
Number of grooves 4

Weight (kg)
Weapon 4.04
Magazine, empty (30 rounds) 0.36

Length (mm)
Weapon with folded stock 900
Barrel 415

Mechanical Features
Type of fire- Semi-Auto
Operation- Gas operated
Locking system- Rotating bolt

Muzzle velocity (m/s) 720
Rate of fire (rounds/min.) 620
Maximum effective range (m) 300
Hi shooter very nice, the m70 is a very well made gun. I have a norinco NHM-91 20" barrel heavy barrel, and same as your receiver 1.5 mil. Actually i think China played a big role in setting up yugo for the AK. Mine is very accurate with the heavy longer barrel. I love mine the best of both worlds reliable, and accurate. someday i'll take pictures and post. I did alot of work to mine. OMT"

·
Registered
30 Posts
AK platform

Thanks OMT...I look forward to seeing your pics !!
shooter how does yours shoot, did you ever try the yugo m67 ammo, thats what i use all brass very accurate and nasty. The russian starts to yaw at 7-8" but they improved on the yugo it yaws at 3-4" and it's not that expensive but is slightly corrosive. Not bad though i clean my weapons after every shoot. I love the underfolder, i have a kicklite collapsable. I will post pics might be awhile in process of getting a new camera. OMT"

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I actually never tried the M67 ammo, I mostly use the Wolf polymer steel case stuff...M43 I imagine...123gr.

With just the iron sights and a spotting scope, I can drill targets at 100 yards fairly easy...once I see where my hold puts me on paper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts