Almost Spring .... Time for Garden !!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Mar 8, 2016.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Yesterday and today got 200 onion sets in, 6 rows of lettuce, and some radishes. Starting to rain now. Gonna get some thru Saturday morning. Was gonna put in some cucumber hills but might just be a little early for that, will wait till later.

Runnin low on green beans so will put in another large crop of em.

2. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Gonna' start cleaning out the flower beds today. Living on 8500 square feet my options for a garden are limited but I'm thinking about putting in some raised vegetable beds this year. I'd prefer to be looking for a farmette somewhere but the wife wants to keep working a few more years.

3. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

I've went the raised garden route for several years now. All we raise is for grazing on in the summer.

4. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Almost 80 yesterday, warmer today, although windy. Have been raking leaves and burning in the evening. Lettuce, Radishes are up good and the onions are sprouting green shoots. Today and tomorrow are best days, according to the almanac, for Cucumbers and Beans. Will get some in the ground.

Took down the Wren Houses, cleaned them out and ready for the birdies. Wife said she hears them singing. the Humming Birds will probably show up next month, maybe sooner if it stays warm. When the first one is spotted will put out the feeders. Also time to move back onto the screened in porch.

It will be next month before the tomatoes go in, cant wait. Gots to have my fresh madders, beans, and cucumbers.