Marlin Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering. The Fed has just issued and updated DOD Instruction Manual dated 13 Oct 2013 with "red tape" guidelines for explosives & munitions handling/storage for DOD troops/civilians and contractors.

Here's the old guidelines for personal use:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-3 SMOKELESS PROPELLANTS. 10-3.1 Quantities of smokeless propellants not exceeding 25 LB (11.3kg), in shipping containers approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation, may be transported in a private vehicle.
10-3.2 Quantities of smokeless propellants exceeding 25 lb (11.3kg) but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), transported in a private vehicle, shall be transported in a portable magazine having wood walls of at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness.
10-3.3 Transportation of more than 50 lb (22.7 kg) of smokeless propellants in a private vehicle is prohibited.
10-3.4 Commercial shipments of smokeless propellants in quantities not exceeding 100 lb. (45.4kg) are classified for transportation purposes as flammable solids when packaged according to U.S. Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Regulations. (Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Park 173.197a), and shall be transported accordingly.
10-3.5 Commercial shipments of smokeless propellants exceeding 100 lb (45.4 kg) or not packaged in accordance with the regulations cited in 10-3.4 shall be transported according to the U. S. Department of Transportation regulations for Class B propellant explosives.
10-3.6 Smokeless propellants shall be stored in shipping containers specified by U. S. Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Regulations.
10-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg) may be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), may be stored in residences if kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls or at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness.
10-3.8 Not more than 20 lb (9.1 kg) of smokeless propellants, in containers of 1-lb (0.45-kg) maximum capacity, shall be displayed in commercial establishments.
I wouldn't put it past the anti-American spoiled brat setting in the offal office, coupled with the many big-money 'Antis' to try and slip this one by with a silly 3-5 pound limit. :mad: Would surely be another back door excuse to come after gun owners, especially those that reload or have nice supplies of fodder.

Just me thinking out loud and wondering. Got anything to add or say, please do. - Spoon-

·
AKA Richard Prestage
3,538 Posts
Your reasoning is sound, Spoon! I haven't heard if any changes tho

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wondering Gumpy if anyone knew of changes. I don't trust the Admin, AG or many on the hill in high-powered positions and wanted to see if I missed anything and to get others thinking deeper than the surface. For what things seem are not too many times until they drop out of the sky and upon our heads. Just like the illegal, un-CONSTITUTIONAL mandate with the Care Bill. Total and ludicrous BULL!

Thanks for your reply. -Spoon-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts