Marlin Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to fire form some brass for the 30-06. In the army we had shooting barrels to clear weapons apon entry to base camp...anybody use one ? I think it would be safe with 1/2 full of sand (worked in the army)...save trips to the rock quarry

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Want to fire form some brass for the 30-06. In the army we had shooting barrels to clear weapons apon entry to base camp...anybody use one ? I think it would be safe with 1/2 full of sand (worked in the army)...save trips to the rock quarry
Sounds like it would work, but my apartment manager said no shooting in the apartment.:D

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
The Barrels work good. Just bury it about a foot into the ground at an angle. Make a cover with part of an old inner tube stretched across the opening in the cover with a slit in it to stick you muzzle in. I would put at least 2' of sand in it, more wouldnt hurt. COMMENCE FIRE ...... :eek:

3' OF COMPACTED EARTH WILL STOP ANY SHOLDER FIRED RIFLE ROUND.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Sorry I just couldn't resist.:D

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts