Marlin Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we're all mostly blue steel and wood folks around here but which would you prefer as a combination paper puncher/"hit's the fan" kinda' rifle in caliber .223/5.56 - AR15 or Ruger Ranch Rifle?

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^
Would have to agree with lingr, if that were the only 2 choices.
If the excrement contacts the rotating blades - and I could have my choice of any - I'll take a 30 cal. M-1 Carbine.
Don't mean to hijack your thread.
Just me. Then again, I'm kinda goofy. :eek:
You know Grey, M1 Carbine was another one that I was thinking about as this would likely become my non-shooting wife's weapon if (God forbid) something ever happened. Israeli school teachers often carry them on field trips because they are so simple to operate and maintain.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no real experience with either rifle but I've always been told that ARs are more accurate but more particular about maintenance whereas the Ruger is not as accurate but very forgiving when it comes to maintenance. Given that I'm now middle-aged with a little bit of a shake/tremor in my right arm and am planning to keep this an open-sighted rifle, I really don't think I could outshoot either one. Cosmetically, I much prefer the Ruger. While I'm not particularly fond of the .223/5.56 cartridge, it is easy to shoot and ammo is readily available at very reasonable prices. This really wouldn't even be an issue for discussion with me right now but I have opportunities on both guns and am seriously considering a purchase.

Thanks everyone for your input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.