Marlin Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
I have two shotgun bandoleers that I got from Sportsmans Guide...each holds 50 rounds of 12 gauge...

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
i have a couple made by the Allen company, bought them at walmart. they hold 25 shotgun shells. i think i paid less than $10 each for them. MidwayUSA also carries them. they are handy for carrying shells when shooting.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I made one for shot gun for the cowboy action shooting. It must be worn as a belt by rule, but I do like it and made it so it would go over the shoulder for hunting. I agree it's a good way to carry larger cartridges in numbers. Others in the club had shorter versions, kind of like stripper clips tied to their belts. They carried rifle ammo to the reloading table in these. I need one because my belt only has 12 loops for 357 and 6 for 44.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i actually have the belt type. just much easier to carry a full box of shells without the box. they are pretty inexpensive too.
The one I want is $10 and holds 40 rounds across the shoulder.

I like it, so I'm going to give it a try.

I made one for shot gun for the cowboy action shooting. It must be worn as a belt by rule, but I do like it and made it so it would go over the shoulder for hunting. I agree it's a good way to carry larger cartridges in numbers. Others in the club had shorter versions, kind of like stripper clips tied to their belts. They carried rifle ammo to the reloading table in these. I need one because my belt only has 12 loops for 357 and 6 for 44.
The one I'm looking at is elastic I think. It's supposed to hold a number of rounds.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
The one I want is $10 and holds 40 rounds across the shoulder.

I like it, so I'm going to give it a try.

The one I'm looking at is elastic I think. It's supposed to hold a number of rounds.
for the price, i don't think you can go wrong, even if you don't like it. give it a try and let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for the price, i don't think you can go wrong, even if you don't like it. give it a try and let us know how you like it.
My thought is the opposite. At that price the elastic will snap and I'll lose 40 rounds.

I'm going to look for something a little better put together. I found these in a military surplus store and they look pretty rough.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
What is a band oiler

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Thats funny, i know my spelling off.:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
SASS has allowed for bandoliers, not that they are efficent for that use. Unless they have changed the rules in the past 7 years. I would perfer the belt you have in the next post over the bando

For tacticool there is other methods of carrying extra shells

1 - 20 of 26 Posts