Marlin Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need groceries. I went to start the car and it was dead as yesterdays news. I tried to get the hood open...the cable broke. I could start it if I could get it over the little ice chock behind the front tires. I got some salt starting that job. I will break out the shovel in an hour. Hopefully I can get someone to pull or help me push.

Here is what I need.: Professional whiner needed for one day. Whine in place. $1 per hour. Send me the bill. No travel necessary.

However, if I decide to do the whining all y'alls out of a job.:eek:

·
Registered
582 Posts
But I don't waaaaant to whiiiiiine in place, I waaaaaant to whiiiiiiine while moooooving

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
Red Wine is good for you.....in moderation of course

>
>
>

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am good at whining. Would you like to see my resume?
Not necessary. I hire with a handshake and since this is whine in place, I guess I have to do it myself.

Carry on. I know I will be.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But I don't waaaaant to whiiiiiine in place, I waaaaaant to whiiiiiiine while moooooving
Stop whining about where you want to whine. One is as good as the next. Especially with sharp smoked cheddar on townhouse crackers and Pinot Noir.

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
760 Posts
LOL it figures the hood cable broke. I can just see you staring at the hood shaking your head thinking does it get any better than this.
Poor me pour me another one.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL it figures the hood cable broke. I can just see you staring at the hood shaking your head thinking does it get any better than this.
Poor me pour me another one.
I am just wondering how big a hole I will need to cut in the rubber wheel well liner so I can get my arm in far enough to get to the latch. Then I wonder how the H I am gonna patch it back up.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quit your whining...the car is right where you left it...right !? :rolleyes:
My luck some smarty boots backyard mechanic will know how to get the hood open, jump the car and steal it. His excuse will be...it sat there several weeks. I didn't think anyone wanted it anymore...and he will probably get away with it, I will have to pay car impound fees and tow charges.

It will be cheaper to cut a hole in the hood and open the hood and jump the battery with someone's car. But I was never real smart.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It worked...the little cig lighter socket charger worked! I had to charge it steps and wait for today's 40s temps. But the second try today, Friday, the car turned over and started. Now, I will have to drive it some more to make sure it charges. If it does not start now the battery is probably damaged. But at least now I know what I have to do if it does not start again. New battery time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ecker P2G7B&qid=1452288471&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
760 Posts
I bet there is a tool for opening the catch. I know for Corvettes there is a tool and it is simple to use. Search the internet and I bet you will find either a tool or how to get it open.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts