savage 30-06
remington 1911 R1 .45 auto
870 remington 12 ga.
10/22 ruger
savage model 93 .22 mag

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
lots of different ones. marlins are just a part of the collection. as i enjoy firearms in general, my collection is varied and will always be. marlin makes great rifles and has been for years, but there are so many good firearms out there. i try not to limit myself to only one brand or type, and because of this, my collection will continue to be an evolution in collecting.

i will say this, i don't collect or keep firearms for them to be closet queens or just to say that i own a particular firearm. if a gun doesn't function, perform as desired, or doesn't meet my expectations, it is soon gone and replaced. everything i own gets shot at some time or another, some just get shot more than others.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Browning BL-22 special distributor edition matte stainless steel 20" barrel
Remington 511 Scoremaster 22 rimfire (circa 1938-40) handed down from my godfather to my father to me)
Kahr CW9
Taurus Gaucho 45LC blued 5.5" barrel
Ruger stainless Blackhawk .357 6.5" barrel
Ruger MkIII
Puma M92 45LC stainless 16.5" barrel
S&W Ladysmith 642LS 38 Special (better half's purse gun)
Stoeger Uplander 12ga SxS 26"
Mossberg 500 12ga (better half's trap, pheasant, and house gun)
Heritage Arms 22 revolver, bird's head grip 3.5" barrel (better half's target pistol)

And of course, the Marlins: 1895CB, 336TS, 1894C, 1895G

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
3 marlins
Plus many more i lost count

·
Registered
345 Posts
Not a lot of others that I enjoy using currently. The nylon 77 I got when I was around 6 years old still takes care of squirrels and woodchucks .
Wanted to switch up last fall and instead of my 3 marlins do a wrenchester season. A couple 1894s and a newer Brownchester 1895 built in '84.
Time , $ , and not enough range time to get comfortable added up to deciding it wasn't gonna happen that season. :(
But , the oldest of the three spoke up and almost pleaded with my to not put her back in the safe , she wanted to get out in the woods for some fresh air.
Well being the kind hearted soul I am , I couldn't deny a sweet old girls wish ( she's around 105 years old )
She did get to hang out at camp and on nice days got to get out and enjoy time in the woods . Unfortunately , no deer or bear for her last year , we'll give her another go this season ;)

Edit to add: sorry for crappy cell phone pics , As well as my not getting a pic of her out in the woods

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
1894, that is an awesome looking winchester! doesn't look like it's 105 years old and a 38-55 to boot! i would love to shoot that rifle. very nice!

gater, it looks like your collection of firearms is as varied as mine! i too like different type and calibers. i mostly am partial to bolt action centerfires, but stray from that path at times. my next in line purchase that i'm looking at is a lever action rifle chambered in 44 mag. to go with the revolver that i have.

·
Registered
39 Posts
got to figure out how to pics on here.. always have to get son to do it.... He ain't around much these days... But at this time (74) and looking..........:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
S&W 642-1

Ruger SR40c

Ruger SR9

Ruger GP100 4" .357

Plus: S&W 22a, 1941 Winchester '94 .30WCF, Henry H001 .22, Eastern Arms .20ga Single Shot Shotty

Only allowed to display 4 images?

·
Banned
5,718 Posts
Yea...but Axxe55 and I have already started Manufacturer specific threads for just that reason. There isn't an Henry or EA thread if you want to start one...S&W, Ruger, Winchester, Walther, Stoeger, Kel Tec, Beretta, Bersa, Remington, Springfield, Glock, Colt, etc. are covered in the "other guns" sub-forum !

·
Registered
853 Posts
A bunch of nice collections indeed. Makes me green with envy.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
i will say this, i don't collect or keep firearms for them to be closet queens or just to say that i own a particular firearm. if a gun doesn't function, perform as desired, or doesn't meet my expectations, it is soon gone and replaced. everything i own gets shot at some time or another, some just get shot more than others.
Agreed. I never shot my Rem 700 30-06; maybe 200rd in 20 years. So I traded it for a better bear gun, a S. Blackhawk.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts