Marlin Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've never read any L'Amour.

I do like a good western though.
he was one of the all time great western stor writers. i started reading him in grade school. i don't know exactly how many books he wrote, but i bet at least a few hundred! several of his movies have been made into movies over the years.

·
Banned
7,853 Posts
The Bible, best seller ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep, I have Austin... I am a big "western" fan and recently I have discovered a series from Robert B. Parker (he's the Spenser for Hire author/creator). The series is referred to as the Virgil Cole/Everett Hitch Series. I've read 3 of the 4 books(one of them being Appaloosa) and am currently on the last one..."Blue-Eyed Devil". While I've always loved the L'Amour books, this writer has a flair that keeps you smiling all the way through each novel. Unfortunately, Parker died in 2010. I hope someone is able to pick up where he left off and continue in the western genre that he created.

http://www.robertbparker.net/robert-parker-books.php#westerns

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_B._Parker

ugh.... I just re-read my post here from March.... sorry to repeat, but now I've read more in the series and decided that another kudo for Parker is a good thing!

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I read anything I get my hands on, I subscribe to Pamphlets, magazines, Have a Nook, Read publications, I am a reading fanatic! Just can't get enough!! BTW, Thank you Grandma for teaching me to know all sides of the story and being well informed!! Really helps me to not be hot headed and make well informed decisions!! Love you RIP!!

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
i just got through reading Lee Child's, The Affair. really good author with a series of books that feature the character Jack Reacher. i have read most all of them so far and haven't found one of his books that i didn't like.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I guess I would be more of a horror thriller type book reader with the exception of (Old Yeller), and (Where the red fern grows). I dont read as much as I used to though.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I read anything I get my hands on, I subscribe to Pamphlets, magazines, Have a Nook, Read publications, I am a reading fanatic! Just can't get enough!! BTW, Thank you Grandma for teaching me to know all sides of the story and being well informed!! Really helps me to not be hot headed and make well informed decisions!! Love you RIP!!
I'm similar in that regard.

If it's something to be read, I will read it.

Subject matter is not of major importance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Those electronics are handy the wife got a Kindle fire, and I read on it now its pretty neat. I say this because I saw the Nook in the picture.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Those electronics are handy the wife got a Kindle fire, and I read on it now its pretty neat. I say this because I saw the Nook in the picture.
It's really cool how you can take all the books you could possibly read everywhere with you. It's particularly handy waiting in the doctor's office!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Other than the Bible, most of my reading is on-line. I search out topics that interest me or have information that helps further my understanding on given subjects.
If you like to read about Marlins, here is a web sight that I found. I thought it was interesting.
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob95.html

21 - 40 of 43 Posts