Marlin Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
1,241 Posts
i got into archery back in the mid 90's but had to give it up because there just wasn't enough time for everything going on at the time. well last year, i traded a wood chipper and shredder for a really nice PSE bow with all the bells and whistles. i haven't had a chance yet to shoot it! several times i have offers from people to buy it, but i end up not doing it for some reason or another. i need to go and buy a target and start practicing again. i use to enjoy just shooting my bow after work everyday. maybe if enough people are interested and keep this thread going, i might pick up some usefull information.

· Banned
1,241 Posts
Bowfishing!

if you have never tried this part of archery, you are missing a lot of fun to be had with a bow. i tried it many years ago, and what a blast we had! it also allows you to hone your skills with the bow. most states you can bowfish any type of non-game fish anytime of the year. it also doesn't require a lot of extra equipment to set your bow up for fishing either.

· Banned
1,241 Posts
No, lets go.
all we gotta do is get some bowfishing rigs and a boat! i'm game. i do have a bow, but need the fishing rig for it. i got a boat, but need to finish installing the lower unit on the motor. i was going to do it last year, but the lakes in East Texas got so low, there wasn't hardly any places to launch a boat. so i just put it on the back burner, but with all the rain we have gotten, the lakes are still low, but have come up a bunch. i plan on getting the boat finished up this spring so the wife and i can go fishing with it.

· Banned
1,241 Posts
Practice, practice, practice Axxe. you did good :)
i bought the chipper/shredder from my brother real cheap as he hadn't used it in about 6 or 7 years and was just taking up space in his storage building. i put a new spark plug and air filter in it, changed the oil, cleaned the fuel tank and carburetor and fired it up! worked great. found i really didn't need it, so i listed it on craigslist for $400 OBO cash or possible trade. had some offers, but the guy with the bow was the best one, so i went ahead and traded with him. i bought a few more arrows and fieldpoints, but i need to buy a bow target and start practicing again. i use to shoot about 50-100 times every evening when i got home from work. it was a great stress reliever!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.