Marlin Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,966 Posts
I started shooting a Bow as a teenager. My first was a Ben Pearson Recurve.
I've owned several other recurves over the years and a variety of compound bows including Bears and McPherson.
Due to age and loss of physical ability, I have switched over to a Cross Bow. I found this Barnett RC150 at Dunham's for $150.00 plus tax. I added a Sight-Mark Reflex sight and a Cocking Rope. I find that the light weight works well for my needs.I've had it in the woods a few times but have yet to harvest a deer with it. Here is an example of what it can do at 22 yards. If you look real close, you can see a nick in one of the knocks where it almost split an arrow. Trust me, it wasn't on purpose because the bolts are $6.00 ea.
Grey

Attachments

· Registered
1,966 Posts
I'm impressed. That is really neat. Interesting to see an example of how Bow Technology has improved over the years. We all have conversation pieces and that one is very unique.
The Bow has an interesting history. Seems as though, it was considered the most lethal weapon because of the rate of fire. From it's conception, up until the invention of repeating firearms, nothing had the repeatability. Even then, the debate continued because of the time required to reload the firearm. Whereas the Bow maintained it's repeatability until the quiver was empty. Just food for thought.
Thanks for sharing.

Grey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.